Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wtf is with my wipers???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Feb 23, 2004.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ok my blazer did this from when i bought itand now my sub is doing it. The delay in the wipers is gone on or off only and, you half to pull the swich past stop to get it to turn off. the wipers also seem slower, is this the moter or selector? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

for me wiper would swipe whenever moved the tilt, and were on slow on any selector but hi, hi they would be hi, but wouldnt go back to low, to get them to stop, would have to hold it to mist till they got to the bottom then release. I swapped columns and probs are gone.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

THE WHOLE COLUM????????!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif just for the wipers??? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif could it be fixed by reblacing the swich????

4. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Maybe its just your multifunction switch, which is the only thing on the column has to do with wipers. Does your swtich feel loose, or different then usual?

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

no it seems perfectly fine /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif It work fine befor never a prob, but then i stored it for a year or so and now it dose this???, mabey ill just pull the colum apart and see whats up. Only thing is evey time i do something on my truck that debilitates it for a wile some thing will come up and i have to go some where in a hurry i hate that. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh you could prob fix it by just doin swtich, but my tilt was starting to get loose so i swapped whole column. I had a spare sittin around.

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I think everyones does that. Infact its so common whenever I get the truck inspected they know what to do /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Try out a new switch. Since he switched the newer column, it obviously had a different switch that was obviously working.