Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF?!?! it really IS a heep thing. . .

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Jun 20, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

My dad just bought a TJ, it's not so bad just to cruise in, i mean, it is a chick magnet, and from my other thread, you can tell i'm not driving the blazer, but i now understand the "it must me a j**p thing" stickers. . . every other guy or girl in a wrangler waved at me like they knew me. . . none of them did. . .wtf?!! i think they meet at cult meeting in the wee morning hours and soon my dad will be sucked into those meetings too! ahhh. . . .they thought they knew me, maybe there was someone else like me at those meetings, or they just assumed i was already in attendance. . .

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

that has been going on longet that i have been around. it is the jeep wave. i did it while driving my blazer. other chevy trucks dug it and i noticed around town it started catching on.
    the heep thing... yeah, i got it, its not for me.
    Grant

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

thats my old HEEP and my Toyota 4Runner... the toyota sports a sticker "I understand the jeep thing...thats why i drive a TOYOTA"

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

hah i never heard that one before.... tight.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i dun saw a tj today that said on the tire carrier-it's a heep thing ,you would'nt understand- and the chick driving it looked like she should be driving a ford explorer .she thought she was all that like the yuppy punk, thats up there with the gravel road package,or indi front ends.Z 71 B.S. take that garage queen out and use it...... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

calm down? its funny, around here on a nice day if i take the blazer out for a drive between the Confederate flag license plate and the big red K5 on 33s every guy in a lifted truck waves at me. I don't know ANY of them but they do. Not just Chevy's, Fords, and Dodges too.

7. Priest

Priest Registered Member

Same thing happens to me when I'm on my motorcycle... every other guy on a bike waves to me. It's cool, nice to see a little comraderie out there.

I had a guy in a built TJ give me a wave today while I was driving my Toy. Just a way of acknowledging fellow wheelers.

8. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

thats up there with the gravel road package

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Last summer, I drove a 76 Jeep CJ7 for about two months while the Jimmy was being modified. All I can say that they are nice to drive around in the city with no top and doors, easy to see around. And I also got the Jeep wave, yada yada yada.

BTW, they are just to damn squirrely to drive around IMHO

I just like my Jimmy more. I understand the Jeep thing, its why I drive a Jimmy.

Most of the time, the only people that wave at me are truckers, because I see eye to eye on them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

When I drive the K I usually get a wave from other 4x4's, but I've noticed when I get a wave from a Jeepster (rare) he/she is sportin a Koolaide smile to go with the wave. Whats up with that? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. Ignato

Ignato Registered Member

Heh...if you really wanna see a cult thing get yourself a SCOUT! Before I upgraded to my K5, I had an old 79 IH Scout II. Bright orange..hehe. Not only would I get waves from other scouters, but if I was parked somewhere eating for example, they would turn off the road just to talk and share some stories! Crazy stuff. Chix digged it too. I really think it was just the color.....BTW.... Would any of y'all have any pics of a k5 painted "Persimmon Orange"? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Nope, but mine is Allis Chalmers orange. If it wasn't so hard to find a non-rusted out one I'd be all over it. Of course, that is part of what makes them cool.