Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF, Just when it is running well !!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by duece21, Jun 24, 2004.

1. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I drove to the parts store to pick up my new draglink ends yesterday. When I got out of my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif I smelled a strong fuel smell coming from the hood. (Backup a few hours) Before that I had went and worked out, but left the lights on for bout an hour. Well the lights drained my battery to the point where the truck would barely start. I got her started and went to the parts store. (Fast forward) I decided I better get her back to the house to check out the fuel leak a little better. Just barely got her started and drove her home and parked in the driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Wanted to get it in the garage so try to start her back up again. Battery was pretty lame and wouldn't start her. Just bout the time a quit cranking it I see white smoke billowing from the hood. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif So I pop the hood and grab the extinguisher and put out a small fire coming out behind the dist cap.. I was just pissed off so I went to bed and figured I would deal w/ it tomorrow. All I can figure is that I may have damaged one of the metal TBI lines when I added the TBI spacer and caused a fuel leak. (I have had excessive fuel consumption recently) Trying to start it something arced or gas vapor reached the coil and poof!! Luckily, I think it only damaged a vacume line, the tranny temp sender wire, and maybe couple wires on firewall. Plus I have to clean up all of the extinguisher crap everywhere.

This sucks!! I should have just let it sit and charged the battery. By then the gas would have evaporated and wouldn't have this stupid problem. Oh well what can ya do! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Crappy /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Chris