Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF.....Kansas and Oklahoma are not located in the MIDWEST???!!!

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by thebigdaddyof2, Jan 6, 2004.

1. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Anybody know what the HELL happened to the forums??

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Re: WTF.....Kansas and Oklahoma are not located in the MIDWEST!!!

KANSAS SUCKS !
    GO Mizzou !

-Blake

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Plains region /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    want to make a bet on the Next KU/MU Basketball game? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Can I still come out and play with you guys (if I ever get my junk done) or do i have to move to missouri first.

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

All of the states in the plains region and the midwest could have been in the same region but with texas and missouri being two of the bigger forums I did not want to put them together all under one forum like midwest etc..
    Putting 14 states under the midwest just would have been to many so the line has to be drawn somewhere, oh and to anwser your question, yes I do know what the HELL happened to the forums. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I actually liked having Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas in our forums because these are places we frequent. But, if it has to be this way then so be it. I would say if people from adjoining areas wanted to post here, they could remain doing so. But the appropriate thing to do when hosting an event, you should post it in the forum in which the area is "titled" to alert other newcombers of the event.

When we started the club forums, we did pick a broad area and still did not include the northern states. This should catch more of them, but loose the other areas - so it's a trade off. I guess if we want to see whats up in those areas, we just search the other forums. But, it seems like it promotes less "ownership" feeling like we had before - meaning, the Midwest K5 Thing forum had such a broad base that many people felt a part of it. Now, they might feel alienated. I am happy to see the forums getting more structured - it will just take us a little getting used to. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Why exactly did we lose our "Titled" forums anyway?
    Were there complaints of some sort?...I don't remember reading about them anywhere. I checked the site news forum and not a word of these changes anywhere. That is why I wondered what the HELL happened to the forums.

I think the Midwest Forum is broad enough to cover more than the states listed. I believe that Kansas and Oklahoma should be included. I would like to see Arkansas included as well but IMO they could be included in the SE forum.

I don't live in Kansas, Oklahoma or Arkansas so post up if you guys want a change.

I have seen the post in the Garage...(I hate wading through the crap in that forum).