Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF! my truck is running? this defies all logic!!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ducttape114, Jun 30, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i changed fuel tanks. from an 18 to a 40. in doing so i left a lot of air in the fuel lines. i went out and bought a auxileryfuel pump, plumbed it up. then, before i fired up the pump i figured i may as well try the key. with a dead batery, and air in the lines, all on a motor that hasent been run in over a mounth, it fired instantly. and ran with only a few seconds of roughness after about 10 min. i let her run for an hour and no problames????????? how is this possible???????

BTW, auxilerry fuel pump for sale:paid $35 at about 5:30. will sell for $25.

2. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW, auxilerry fuel pump for sale:paid $35 at about 5:30. will sell for $25.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Take it back!

3. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    The Diesel gods have blessed you 4 the time being just be thank full and roll on

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i cant take it back. i have run diesel thru it, the container it came in was used to mix up JB weld on, and i have NO idea what i did with the recipt(sp?) oh well, it looks frikin cool all screwed onto my fuel tank bracketry!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i cant take it back. i have run diesel thru it, the container it came in was used to mix up JB weld on, and i have NO idea what i did with the recipt(sp?) oh well, it looks frikin cool all screwed onto my fuel tank bracketry!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif