Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF Over

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

2. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

3. Currank5

Currank5 1/2 ton status

Ok. What is this a blog from some left wing moron?? Hard to give it too much credit when its obviously written from someone who has made up their mind against the war and anything that goes along with it. Sadly this includes soldiers currently serving overseas.

Sadly there have been soldiers that have made mistakes and made the military look bad. Such as the guys taking pictures of the POW's and the others who murdered that young girl and her family, but they have been prosecuted criminaly for what they did. Sure its possible that others have screwed up too and got away with it but how many of these people are there out of all the soldiers overseas right now? A handfull...

Bottom line is the few people who screw up do make the rest of us look bad. I'd say a lot more good than bad has been done by our armed forces. I wouldnt take these claims too seriously.

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

holy crap thats terrible

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Read the responses. She was not even a real professor at Loyola she was an Adjunct, a substitute if you will for only 1 semester:rolleyes: and is no longer employed with the university.

I agree there are stupid ****s out there that give all of us a bad name and image. Many forget that we must keep our military bearing at all times as we are always on duty and under the scrutiny of the civilian community.

Ira

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I met a Marine last night at the bar at Outback who did two tours in Iraq, lost two good friends, and has shrapnel permanently embedded in his hand. I don't understand how that's not sacrifice.

**** that "professor." I hope she plays chicken with a freight train and loses.

7. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

wow

Same thing I have thought many times over, if we are indeed the terroists and the oppressers of the world then get the hell out of this country. She has a right to speak her mind but this blabble she puts forth is frustrating. I know some people in our military are giving it a bad rap but the majority are doing a job over there that is very difficult, very stressful, and something that most would not volunteer to do. I use the term volunteer loosely in the context that most people do not want to go half way across the world and die in the prime of their life at the age of 18-25. She is very mistaken if she thinks people join the military for the "bling". Ha, does she know what our troops get for going to another country with the risk of being killed?