Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF! Shoulda not done it.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by santana, Dec 26, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I replaced all the rubber for the rear window on the tailgate and the one on the top and now since it's so tight it goes up/down very, very slow /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.. I hope this doesn't force the window motor and burn out. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Perhaps Your motor is worn out and or You have a bad ground. Think about it if Your rubber was old then so would Your motor.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Try a liberal application of silicone spray, may work wonders. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

If that's the case, it blows cause now I'm gonna have to splurge for a new motor.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Tried that and it improved a little also diconnected the whip that goes to the regulator and the motor sounds strong so I'm thinking it may need time to break into the shape of the glass or like corey78k5 said prolly a new motor..

6. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Why not try cleaning the motor and all of the other moving parts, then spray them with silicone lube?

7. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

I had same problem after doing same thing.

1. Make sure that the window channels inside the Tailgate are not too tight. They can move in/out a little bit.

2.If the closed position of the Tailgate is not lined up under the channels in the fiberglass top, the glass is trying to push up into an offset slot.

3. Oil your flex drive cable really well. Keep it oiled. The flex element inside can and will rust a lot and bind.

4. Always drill a small hole in the scissors lift and lock them with a small bolt when removing the flex cable for repl/oiling. This thing will snap a finger clean off, due to being heavily spring loaded, and locked only by the worm gear on the flex cable.

8. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll try some of these options. Thanks..

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I put all new window channel on my tailgate too when I put a new tinted window in, it is so tight the motor couldn't push it up all the way and it took someone pushing upward on the window, I haven't lowered my window since. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif