Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF? Stupid colleges

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 28, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty much venting. I didn't get into Texas A&M University College Station and I have NO idea why. Now if you dont know much about TAMU, it isnt exactly the hardest school to get into. My SAT score was 1250 and my rank was 59 ouy of 550. I do have many extra curic activites and volenteer hours and a buddy of mine had MUCH less (1130 on sat, rank 150/550 and absolutely NO volunter hours and some extra curric) qualifications and got in BECASUE he was meskin.
    Affirmitive action is bulls!t. Now dont get me wrong, im not being racist or anyhting, but this sucks.
    In michigan, or one of those eastern/northern states, being a "kneegrow" or "meskin" would give you the same as, if not more "kudos" towards your application than a 1600 on your SAT would. What kinda BullSh!t is that?

What a way to start the weekend.
    I guess "studies show that if you lay somone off or [give them bad news] at the end of the week, theres less of a chance of an incident occuring." --office space hehe

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Did he apply before you?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Affirmitive action is bulls!t.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap !!!! I fully agree !!!!!! At one time affirmitive action was needed so some people wouldn't be disscriminated against, but now it's just the other way around !!!!! It's time to stop giving prefference to people becouse of race, religion, gender, or sexual oriention. Time to make everything fair for everyone by letting thier qulification be the deciding factor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess "studies show that if you lay somone off or [give them bad news] at the end of the week, theres less of a chance of an incident occuring." --office space hehe

[/ QUOTE ]I shouted that at the top of my lungs the day they laid me off, incidently, also a friday. bastards.

-Rich

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did he apply before you?

[/ QUOTE ]

**** NO... i applied BEFORE november 1st. He applied sometime in december. Those fawkers.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

affirmative action breeds racial strife. until the supreme court or some lawmakers figure that out, the class warfare in this country will just go on and on and on. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I was watching the news the other night and they were talking about how some people applying for colleges were checking off the boxes for other races when they weren't. The whole point was they got in or on a list to be let in when space was open. Not because of how well they tested, not because of how smart or anything else they brought with them, but because there was a small box checked. They said many student were now doing this because schools rarely check into the race of the person applying. So people were getting away with it.

Crap like this makes me so mad. People can lie, get it and not get questioned about it. Why? Because we walk on egg shells as to not offend anyone race wise by asking if they are really being honest. The whole college application system is a load of crap. It truly is. It doesn't mean jack if you are a perfect student. If you can say you are of a certain race you will get in.

It's really sad too. Because doing things like this breed racism. It also teaches people to not strive to be the best. Because it doesn't matter if someone is the best it matters what color they are. We live in a world so adavanced, yet so far behind. Once we get our collective heads out of butts that color shouldn't matter in anything, then we might advance beyond crap like this. Sorry to hear about this, IMO pure crap! I would contest your application. In fact, if you feel you are being screwed based on your race, speak up. It's bs and you know it, we know and I am sure they know it. I'm sure it happens because nobody is willing to speak up. Maybe it's time... good luck....

8. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

It always sux getting screwed... regardless of the reasons. If nothing else just apply for the next semester/year. My brother tried to get into tamu for over 2 years and finally gave up and went to Texas Tech instead. He had good scores/grade/you name it... but never could get in. I applied once just to see if I could get in and I was accepted right away. My scores were a little higher than my brothers but my grades sucked ass since I never felt like going to school in HS. I think it just comes down to the luck of the draw sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'd say go get yourself enrolled into some local community college and take care of some of the general courses, english, history, etc... until A&M lets you in. Save money and get good GPA easier while you're waiting.

Good luck.

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Im just waitin for UT Austin to pick me up. --i know i atleast got enrolledinto the summer program if anything

10. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status