Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wtf?????????? ........... updated i got his reply back its good.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetk30, Oct 10, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

:eek1: is wrong with people ? he is not the maker but he is reselling it. look at his feedback. you will find #2 is the one he won it on.

point is why in this day and age do people still fu** up this stuff like this. :doah: :yikes: :angry1:

this is so wrong i wont even send him a meassage as to how wrong it is.

more added post#3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/gmc-chevy-2-body-lift_W0QQitemZ170037259649QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33585QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

upate info his reply to my question i sent him : I guess since there's not a question mark, that you have more of a comment than a question. To answer your comment, this particular kit has been in use for approximately four years without a single complaint or problem. One repeat buyer had a customer who totaled their truck. According to the buyer, in this accident, the body and bed stayed in parameter range. The hardware in this kit retains a higher tensil strength than any other kit I've researched. The listing states that no instructions are included and mechanical experience is needed. I can even say that I have had several ASE certified GM technicians who have installed this kit, approve of the kit and appreciate the simple installation. However, you have reminded me that there are skeptics out there and I will add a disclaimer to my listing shortly. Thanks for your comments.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  2. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Hmm. the only thing that would keep me away is the NEG feedback, but seriously if he resales something, why is that anyones business. Ive bought stuff cheap jus to turn around and resale it for profit. Its business.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

well, not all people are as enlightened as we are.

and maybe something happened and he doesnt have the truck anymore.

4. sweetk30

are you guys that blind.

open pipe with no way of staying on center for body lift. the least the origanal guy could have done was weld washers in the ends to center them.

but every one has there way of making the roads unsafe for all of us. :eek1:

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Exactly what I was looking at........the open pipe ends. :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

I opened up that link and read the price, feedback, etc. and then I saw the open ends on each "block" and thought WTF?!?!?!?! :eek1: :angry1:

Its people that make and sell stuff like this that gets the body lifts banned and outlawed by the congressmen and lawmakers. :mad:

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

X eleventy billion...

Preach on brother Wes!!

Rene

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

This is the second or third time iveclicked that link and i still cant believe someone could be that stupid... This is common sence stuff...not even truck building stuff...:rolleyes:

8. jamber2541

jamber2541 1/2 ton status

those should go nicely with the 4 inch rear blocks I am using on the front springs for lift....................yea right

9. thatK30guy

I don't know whats worse......pipe body lifts like this or front blocks that are not bolted thru the springs like zero-rates.

10. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

school me a bit. Why are front blocks so dangerous? (serious question for academic purposes, not defending them or asking for a debate)

Does the act of steering put some lateral stresses on the blocks that could cause them to tumble or something like that?

11. thatK30guy

They can spit out anytime under load or not, cornering or not, and if such event were to happen, you would have absolutely NO control over the front while steering.

If the rear blocks were to spit out, at least you could still steer the rig and come to a stop. Unlike the front, you would have no control over where the truck will go while coming to a stop. You could be going right into head-on traffic at any amount of speed and not be able to do a damn thing about steering it.

12. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

13. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

a guy at my school has a 3" body lift thats made out of about 1/8 or 1/16" wall square tubing:doah: :eek1: ... haha and its on a 2wd import:haha: thing looks scuuuuuurry:crazy:

14. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

15. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Bingo...

16. sweetk30

we all need to trash mail this guy who is selling the kits in the first place. i bet he is using grd 2 bolts also.:doah: :doah: :doah: :doah: :doah: :doah:

17. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

the PO of my truck had blocks on front!!!! he was a total retard when i took all that crap off(was on for like forever)the front springs were at a really bad negative arc and the blocks were rotted out!!! friggin retards!!!

18. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

thanks for the edumacation. /hijack over

we now return to the regular thread topic, that guy on ebay is a putz, flaming already in progress.

19. thatK30guy

I've seen a truck here in town with a homemade body lift that was accomplished by using bricks for the lift. Yep, you read that right.......bricks.

20. sweetk30

just sent to the origanal seller and currently still selling.

(i just wanted to know why you are even thinking of selling such a totaly unsafe body lift product. there is reasons thay make them like thay do.

someone could get hurt or killed when your product lets the body shift around on the frame and causes the vehicle to get in a acident.

at best you should have off road only and major leagel disclamers in there.

please dont give the good correct 4x4 sport loving guys any more bad wrap than we currently have. )

will see what i get back. :rolleyes: