Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nc87k5, Mar 26, 2004.

1. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Repo man?

A man came to a home Wednesday and told the resident that he had to repossess his 1999 Chevrolet Blazer, a Wayne County sheriff's report said.

The report said the resident, Linwood ***** of Long Henry Grady Road, Seven Springs, told the man that he owed nothing on the truck.

Linwood then told deputies that the "repo man" identified himself as working with a company in Seven Springs.

The man then took the Blazer, valued at $14,000, and fled. Linwood said he called the company the man named and was told they knew nothing about the vehicle or the "repo man."

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I hope they catch this numb nut /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like those deputies need to answer some questions. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like those deputies need to answer some questions. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Why the heck would someone be dumb enough to hand over the keys to a vehicle that they own??!! sheesh... stupid people running around these days...

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well the loop hole i found is that the repo guy cannot legally take the vehicle if it is parked on your property and you are disputing the cause,you have to stop him though, but in the case you are referring to, thats just messed up.

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Doesn't the repo man have to show a piece of paper (court order ?) proving that it's a legitimate repo? The guy who KNEW he owed nothing on the truck is an idiot for letting the imposter drive off with his truck!! LOL !! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I went through this once with a repo guy, i didn't let him take the truck, he was pissed, he called the cops out, and they told him that there was nothing they could do, i was disputing the deal. He wasn't too happy, and needless to say, i had to park the ride in the back yard for awhile until things calmed down and i got everything straightened out.

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the repo guy cannot legally take the vehicle if it is parked on your property

[/ QUOTE ]
    ... I think they can take it if it's on your roof - if they so desire ... point being - it doesn't matter where it is - if they find it - they'll take it. Check your local laws though. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well thay can take it, but the thing i found out here is if they pass the front door with announcing they are there, they are legally trespassing, and again, you have to be there to dispute them taking it before they can not legally take it, if your not home,,,,it's gone, the other thing is if they already have it hooked,,,it's gone.

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Some of these repo guys also try to use threatening manners and ways to force you to give it up, you just have to be strong with them back. Let them know it's in dispute and tell then to try another time, by then the vehicle is hidden or whatever. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    tell then to try another time, by then the vehicle is hidden or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ... or don't get so far behind in the payments in the first place that they need to reposses it ! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

In TX it is legal to shoot to kill someone, once you have told them to get off your property and they will not comply...needless to say there aren't many cars repoed here the way they(cars) are in other states... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    tell then to try another time, by then the vehicle is hidden or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ... or don't get so far behind in the payments in the first place that they need to reposses it ! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the real key right there, just don't get behind.
    The only reason i did was because i lost my employment for a few months, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ran out of cash, but got it straightened out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

had a guy i work with miss one payment and his bank from up north sent a repo guy to get his truck... when the repo guys walked up and i ask what they wanted, they told me who they were looking for, and when i pointed him out, they stopped walking so bad and tall.. considering the guy whos truck they wanted is 6'8 and 300 lbs.. all he did was tell them "you aint takin it today" and they left, he left it parked at work and walked to work for 3 days until it was cleared up..

15. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i lost my employment for a few months, ran out of cash, but got it straightened out.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Glad to hear you got it worked out ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Didn't you have loan insurance? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

What the hell is loan insurance? Never heard of it, unless it's for new car things, i bought this at a high interest car lot to try n help establish credit.

17. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like those deputies need to answer some questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the Deputies have to answer some questions? Looks to me like the guy had his truck ripped off, called the Sheriff to make a report, which they did. It doesn't say that the Deputy accompanied the repo guy and condoned the theft.

18. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    What the hell is loan insurance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its kinda like AFLAC , but for vehicle loans. We have it on the Impala. If we get laid off or whatever we are covered for a certain amount of time so we can find work again. When I picked the Blazer up at the Buy-Here-Pay-Here, they didn't offer it there either. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

we had a guy here at work who had his repo'd, the guard tried to stop him, but the repo guy flew in, backed up to the car, pulled out one of our gates that opened automatically with the front wheels dragging /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif, it was front wheel drive /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif. seems he had been watching for several days and knew the gate opened auto.