Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wtf!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Citizen Rider, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

My "friend" here at school, as we where leaving for lunch i was parked to the side and he was in his 88 blazer, he desides to get as close as he can to my blazer......AND PLOWS INTO THE REAR DRIVERS SIDE FENDER!!! Folded the fender behind the rear wheel all the way up to the frame. Im fckin furious! Hes all, "its no big deal ill fix it in shop tomorow. It is a big deal, i just bought teh damn thing.

Then another guy with him was like, oh well, not like the paints any good(got a nasty coat of primer on it) I jumped all over him cause i could care less about the paint, its the damn body damage that shouldnt have happened if Dave wasnt bein a dumb a$$.

grrrrrrr

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I would be too man, I hate it when someone f's something up of yours, and is like o well, such and such was already wrong with it. :mad:

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

had a similar experience with my 67 chevelle.

just after i had be t-boned, and it had a new pass fender, door and quarter put on it. some douchebag ran into it in the high school parking lot. then took the van home, parked it, and then before i could figure out what happend, (next day) his parents had traded the van in the next day. bottom line is that once i found out who did it, it took getting the police involved to get it sorted and fixed.

good luck. hope that he wasnt too good a friend.

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I know how you feel.

One of those "Can't I have ANYTHING nice?!?!?!" things.

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I don't know what to say....... mabey gimme your insurance card.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd get insurance involved and see how funny he thinks it is then...stupid focker. :angry1: :angry1:

I sure as hell wouldn't have him do the 'repair'...it's bound to be second rate just like his driving.

Rene

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

he may be a friend but im with rene. he did somehing supid he should pay, plain and simple!

8. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

WOW... sorry to hear that man. I've got that parts blazer up in princeton- the back fender is yours if you want it.

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

call his insurance co. if he wont give the info because he wants to fix it himself call the police. if he doesnt have insurance, call the police. stupidity hurts, even if it is the wallet....

10. Citizen Rider

Hes willing to give me his info, but would rather not cause he couldnt afford insurance with another wreck. Hes rolled a brand new Trailblazer dodging a deer, wheel came off and he rolled 3 times. Then last year alone had 2 wrecks. And hes got tickets out the arse and a couple nights in jail.

Im gonna see what can be done, but if it doesnt look like nothing happened, i will contact his insurance.

11. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Do everyone a favor then, get the police and insurance involved before he kills someone.

12. tRustyK5

Sounds like he shouldn't oughta been fockin around then...if it was truly an accident that'd be one thing, but this was outright stupidity and a total lack of respect.

FWIW you'll find "sympathy" in the dictionary, between sh!t and syphillis.

Rene

13. Citizen Rider

Well, he tried fixing it, didnt get it all out. So now im gonna ask him for his insurance info. Personally, i dont care if he cant pay for it, he shouldnt have been a dumbfck.

14. tRustyK5

dumb move...how is the insurance company going to properly estimate the damage if he has already messed with it? For all you know he may have created more work for it to repaired correctly. My prediction is the insurance company is now gonna tell you to pound sand...

Rene

15. Citizen Rider

Yea, i figured that. But ill figure something out.

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Rene is a pretty smart guy from what i can tell, and i think he nailed this one...

"it wasnt drivable, i had to do that to make it mobile again, i cant be without transportation." that's your only hope, and its a VERY slim chance that it'll work. the second he hit it, i would've been on the phone with the police. with a driving record like that, he has no reason to be screwing around. he's got it bad enough as it is without stupidity making it worse. i hit my best friend's '72 Firebird on the way back from the titty bar one night. i was not drunk, just had a couple drinks in me. since we're working on the restoration together anyways, and it was clearly an accident (parking lot icy enough that we couldnt walk across it without falling), he just blew it off as more body work. no harm, no foul there. bad thing about it was, he was sitting in my passenger seat when it happened, and we both saw it coming, but there was nothing we could do. slow-mo brakes on slide...:doah: