Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTF?

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by rock.monkey, Jan 11, 2004.

1. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

Ok trying to go orange using Paypal whitch iv'e never used before,so I set up an account to take $$ out of my bank account, but when I try to register on CK5,it tells me to add a credit card #! I don't have a F%^&ing credit card!
    So do I have to send my $$ via snail mail or is it just a matter of waiting for paypal to make the deposits so i can verify my acct.???

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Just a matter of waiting for paypal to do its thing....you can use a debit card the same exact way as a credit card tho if you have one of those /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But otherwise, you just have to wait for paypal.

3. rock.monkey

didn't see a debit card option. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

you can use a debit card for the visa option, as long as the debit card has a visa or mastercard logo on it, you can use it the same as a credit card /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I do my membership every year using my debit card /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jeff, a debit card in Canada is not connected to a credit card in any way at all. It also cannot be used to pay for your membership or any other online purchase...

Our debit system is slightly different.

Rene

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well doesn't that just suck....I didn't know that.

7. rock.monkey

That's Ok
    got paypal working today,so I should be orange in no time!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Nope, you're still blue. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

debit checking account card is usually visa like they are here locally and you can use it just like a credit card for online and etc purchases, you can credit or debit, both with them, depends on your bank i guess, and also can use on ebay and transfer to and from paypal to and from checking account, but paypal is slow transferring it takes 2-3 days to withdraw from bank to paypal or to transfer from paypal to checking account, checking account is same as the debit card account, they also call it a check card. if yhou have a CEFCU bank then go there thats where to get one of these and they are free and costs nothing to have electronic account you do all your business from your puter and at the ATM, including checks, deposits, withdrawals, and so forth, you never need to go inside the bank on foot or call them either, for anything.. ever,. its great. i chose to not use checks, i told them to not evne order me any cuz i wil never write a single one., they had no problem, with that, saved me 15 bucks for not having to buy checks when i started the account.
    savings account also uses an electronic card, and use it at the ATM and also access online too.
    /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

union planters banks also have visa debit checking card accounts and but they will charge you 5 amonth for using ATM and also if you overdraw even one cent you get charge 25 plus 5 a day that your are over, cefcu doesnt charge unless maybe your over by alot.

10. rock.monkey

[ QUOTE ]
    Nope, you're still blue. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!!! payment has gone through.How long does it take? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. rock.monkey

Fixed! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif