Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTFgas prices

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Aug 17, 2003.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Last Tues they were 1.69 today they are 2.05 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif $.35 thats some bullshit. Good thing I filled the Blazer Tues.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

It is Bush Bull$hit

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

wow...it sucks to be you...i paid 1.72 for midgrade yesterday..

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ours went from about 1.50 last week to 1.60 today. Thats regular. I work at a gas station and I can tell you at least at mine that the boss doesn't make more than a few cents a gallon and tries like hell to keep his price down but each delivery we get it goes up cause the cost to us keeps going up. Good thing i filled up the 2500 on Saturday when it was still 1.56 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ours went from $1.61 to $1.99 overnight... I think it is only because Labor Day is near. This sux. Hang the politicians! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ours went from $1.61 to $1.99 overnight... I think it is only because Labor Day is near. This sux. Hang the politicians! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing here. If the prices mysteriously drop after Labor Day, I do believe it will be time to indulge in some vigilante justice /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Look no further than Arizona. A pipeline broke down there last week, and they all panicked and filled their tanks at the same time. Now Arizona is running short, and the effects are already being felt in the surrounding states. It'll spread to the rest of the country this week, just in time for labor day, though the effect will not be as noticeable as you get further away from all the sheeple in AZ.

8. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Anywhere from $1.50 - $175 a gallon for premium out here. Just filled up yesterday at $1.55 a gallon.

Kris

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Look no further than Arizona. A pipeline broke down there last week, and they all panicked and filled their tanks at the same time. Now Arizona is running short, and the effects are already being felt in the surrounding states. It'll spread to the rest of the country this week, just in time for labor day, though the effect will not be as noticeable as you get further away from all the sheeple in AZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bullshit!!!!!!!

Around every major travel holiday, there's some sort of pipe down, refinery shutting down so there's a claim of supply shortage so prices go up..........

It's a conspiracy /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

True... With regards to refineries and oil transportation there is ALWAYS some sort of problems and repairs to make so this is not a valid excuse to jack up the prices. Just part of the business. When a McDonnalds delivery truck crashes does the price of a Big Mac shoot up 33%? NO! But when ever it looks like the oil companies can can screw us they do and they use any excuse they can find. It's GOUGING! PLAIN AND SIMPLE! ANd they all ought to be shot for it.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

just going by hearsay, but after 9-11, i heard of some places really raising the prices, especially in ok (bubba, did you hear anything about this), i was as gullible as everyone and went and filled everything before i thought prices would be raised /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Wow, I don't feel so bad. I paid $1.49 per gal this morning. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a load of BS. Maybe something broke... but they use things like this as an excuse to screw us. It's all about making money for someone somewhere. They slow up production to say oh we have to charge you more, something broke, we have to charge you more.... oh no, a war, prices go up, someone farted, oops more again. It's a game for them, and we always lose...

14. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    True... With regards to refineries and oil transportation there is ALWAYS some sort of problems and repairs to make so this is not a valid excuse to jack up the prices. Just part of the business. When a McDonnalds delivery truck crashes does the price of a Big Mac shoot up 33%? NO! But when ever it looks like the oil companies can can screw us they do and they use any excuse they can find. It's GOUGING! PLAIN AND SIMPLE! ANd they all ought to be shot for it.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a pipeline DID break, right in the development that a friend of mine has bought a house in (They are still building). He's now trying to get out of the deal due the proximity of the pipeline, and the fact that his framed home has been soaked in 10,000 gallons of fuel. Sucks for him! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We have been having issues here. Costco ran out of fuel for a day, and then only had regular unleaded for another day. As I understand it, Phoenix is really screwed right now. My coworker was up there last weekend and said he had a heck of a time finding gas anywhere. All the pumps had a huge line as well. Remember the gas shortage in the 70's?

I do agree that the gas companies nail us any time thay can, but running out of gas, and turning away customers is NOT how you make a profit. They actually need to be able to sell the stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

California cannot buy gasoline from any other state and have it shipped in. We must buy gas from the local refineries. Unless the pipeline that broke feeds california raw oil, it shouldnt eaffect us. It is all tied to the travel season. We will see a slight reduction after Labor Day then it will go back up again around Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the oil demands in the winter (so they say). One must realize, the U.S. uses a tremendous amount of gas.....You want/need to drive and you are willing to pay the prices therefore they will charge what they can get. I guess you could buy some oil stock and make extra cash in dividens to offset the price increases.

16. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

I do think it's funny how much we complain about gas prices here. Try going to Canada, or even worse, Europe and buy gas. We are STILL incredibly cheap compared to the rest of the world

17. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

buy a scooter /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I do think it's funny how much we complain about gas prices here. Try going to Canada, or even worse, Europe and buy gas. We are STILL incredibly cheap compared to the rest of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

But we aren't in Canada or the rest of the world... so I will complain. Just because they pay more doesn't make me feel ok we aren't paying what they are....

19. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

*note to self*

Put off big block swap until after winning the lottery.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    California cannot buy gasoline from any other state and have it shipped in. We must buy gas from the local refineries. Unless the pipeline that broke feeds california raw oil, it shouldnt eaffect us. It is all tied to the travel season. We will see a slight reduction after Labor Day then it will go back up again around Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the oil demands in the winter (so they say). One must realize, the U.S. uses a tremendous amount of gas.....You want/need to drive and you are willing to pay the prices therefore they will charge what they can get. I guess you could buy some oil stock and make extra cash in dividens to offset the price increases.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason CA prices went up is our oil is going to Arizona. Less oil here means higher prices.

I think it's great my dad's in the oil business and selling the stuff for less than he's buying it right now just to remain competative, while you all bitch because it went up. 30 cents times 25 gallons is $6. Boo freakin hoo.

If you don't like it, you're driving the wrong car.