Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTH!!! I want one!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NEK5, Aug 23, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

2. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

you wont be saying that when you get hit by anything bigger than a bike

3. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

I agree with the safety concerns but maybe this is just a beginning and they will make them more crash worthy soon. Hell, every city could have a Nuclear Reactor and every family could have a car like this and our dependance on oil would be cut to one quarter. We could then be self dependant on the oil WE produce and then the middle east would start kissing OUR ass for wheat and paper.

All they need to do is make a bigger version (with twice the batteries, for longer range) make it four wheel drive and we are in business! Maybe a retrofit fit for Blazers. I would love 1000 ftlbs of torque in my truck! Definitly better than my stroker.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That type of "car" is not all that new an idea. You have been able to buy/build the same thing with a motorcycle engine for years. The only thing new is that it is electric (which is still generated with fossil fuels in most places).

5. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Uber touched on the thing that most of the people that would buy such a thing are missing. Where does the electricity come from? Thin Air?
    Not hardly.
    Oh wait, it comes from those nucs they don't want and the hydro-electric dams they want torn down. Makes me wonder if any of them have ever considered the whole picture.

The electrical grid isn't terribly efficient at distribution either. I've been told what the total system efficiency is and while I've forgotten the exact number I recall it being in the lower 2 digit percentages.

7. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

i agree i kinda wish our government would make more of a push and give incentives to farmers to start producing more corn and other products that can be used for ethanol..more power less mpg but it will still be cheaper and hopefully help out the economy some