Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTH is with hotmail ?!?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K10ANDYKHAMNIC, Jul 30, 2002.

1. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

im pissed off !! i know its free and all yadda yadda . but gimme a break ! it can tell me i have new e mails and NOT let me go see them ??? what the stinkin crap is going on !?!?! ARGG to no end i am mad .

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I don't know anything about hotmail, but I have a freebie yahoo email account and it works fine.
    -- Mike

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

thanks for the reply ahaha it told me i got a new msg from admin@coloradok5.com but i cant read it haha lame o head msn. i have another e mail but i only use it for certain stuff do i dont get spammed .

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Have you checked this email withing 30 days? They have this thing now that if you dont check your email at least once every thirty days they wont let you in it and then it gets deleted. Its so stupid.... What is it doing exactly when you try to get into your mail?

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

They're slowly scaling back the amount of messages you can have. There's so much spam on my account, it's not even worth it. I maintain it for a few things or for stuff where I think I may get a lot of spam mail. I got a real email addy on pirate....and that one's cool.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

One great feature of hotmail is domain mail blocking, so you can block anything after the @ symbol to reduce spam. I spent 20 minutes last night adding domains to my blocked sender list, and today my junk mail is down to 15 new messgaes from the typical 40 at this time...

8. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

ChevyHuny , i check it every day . it was like it couldnt find the website their server must have been down er sumpin cuz it works now . /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

9. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

It must have been just your account. Cuz I use hotmail all the time and I haven't had any problems in months.

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Ive had times when I cant get into my hotmail and it seems like once every few weeks I cant use Messenger becuase they are updating it. They have a huge amount of people who use hotmail so it doesnt suprise me. I just wish they allowed more people on my block list. It would really help out on the junk mail.

11. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

yeah , on the junk mail i just use the filter and make it all go to my junk mail folder . it may have been my isp or sumthing , bcuz msgner would tell me i had new mail but lemme go read it .

12. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

or maybe yours is on a different server ?