Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTH! Man NJ is sick wacked!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Metrodps, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An examination of your vehicle indicates that it has been raised more than 4 inches beyond its manufactured height. Under the provisions of N.J.A.C. 13:20-37.3, such a vehicle must undergo a geometric stability test.

These tests are being conducted by appointment only at specialty inspection locations. A comprehensive examination of the steering and suspension will be conducted. There is no charge for this inspection. Please call the location of your choice as soon as possible, since the test must be completed prior to the expiration date of your inspection sticker.

Conditions for the motor vehicles with elevated chassis heights are:
    (1) Steering gear ratios and steering wheel left stop to right stop turns must be within 1/2 turn of the original manufacturers specifications.
    (2) Headlights shall be mounted no lower than 22" nor more than 54" above the ground.
    (3) Taillights shall be mounted no lower than 15" nor more than 72" above the ground.
    (4) Off road lights must be covered while operating on public roads.
    (5) License plates must be mounted no less than 12" nor more than 48" above the ground.
    (6) Brake lines and hoses must be protected from excess heat and vibration. They must be mounted in a manner to prevent chafing, undue wear, stress, or unintentional disconnection.
    (7) Vehicles originally equipped with bumpers must have them securely fastened, no less then 16" from the ground to the bottom of the bumper, and shall extend the full width of the vehicle.
    (8) Maximum tire diameter allowed will be 38" or 6" over stock, whichever is less.

And it goes on :doah:! OK some I can understand but..... How the heck do you guys deal with this crap. The old lady has a job offer there but no way now! Do they get on the aholes in the low riders and make them take some kind of test too?
    Do they still do this??????

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Where is the job? Could live in PA and commute...

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I figured everyone knew we had stabilty tests.... Rootbreaker runs a pretty big rig here NJ and I see quite a few running around on 40's...

4. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

lol sorry I saw somebody use the term sick wacked and had to read this thread don't mind me.

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats how I got my 42s so cheap. Guy moved to NJ and had to lower the truck.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have seen some big rigs in Jersey. Cant say how they get by though. I saw one on the Jersey turnpike today, was a Crew Cab Super Duty on I'd say 38s, definetally more than 4" of lift.

7. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

A resort in Atlantic City but I almost have her talked out of it.
    *edited the job location into bold

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  8. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

a lot of guys use smaller wheels and tires just to drive to inspection. I'm gonna use classic liscence plates (25+ years old) and avoid inspection altogether.

luckily 99.9% of the police around my area know nothing about this stuff, plus they are usually busy pulling over those rice bombs.

9. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

you can try posting on njfourwheelers.com I'm not a member there, i think its free. most of the guys on there are from south jersey, which is where most of the off roading takes place, and near your wifes job, you can ask for advice there.

10. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

my bud just went through it and it was a joke. he went to the one in asbury park. as long as your rig is built good, you wont have a problem.

im guessing if your wife got a job offer, it is eithe rnear philly or new york.

what aree are you lloking at?

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

He said Atlantic City. Commuting from PA to there would suck.

12. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

AC is far from a RESORT. A SLUM Definately...........:haha:

13. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I didnt know any of that...

14. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Aaaa, I just don't like the place.:doah:

15. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

That's a lot better than here in Maine. We're only allowed 2 tire sizes over stock, so that's 33" for a K5.

16. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

boy, i'm glad i live in a free country!!!

someone told me new hampshire is really strict about midified vehicle hight, and thier liscence plate says "live free or die".:haha: :haha: :haha:

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Free --IF you do as they want!

Yep--must suck to be incarcerated in NH--and be stamping out licence plates that say "Live Free Or Die" on them in prison!...:tongue1:

NH is strict about body rot and inspections in general too..many vehicles that flunk their inspections get sold and end up on MA roads!..or parted out..:crazy:

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

buy a trailer, make the rig offroad only and tell the five-oh to go pound sand?

j

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Doesn't NH have one of the highest prison populations in the country too? I remember someone telling me that at school when I noticed my roommates plate said "Live Free or Die".

I've heard previouslly that changing tire size AT ALL in Maine is illegal if you have ABS. They take ABS systems really seriouslly so I hear. Personally I like most old school(mindset anyway) gearheads think ABS is more dangerous than regular old brakes.

20. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

mass has some laws like that. they measure from the ground to the bottom of the door and it can only be 26", i believe. its not like you are going to try to get by the emission test on the computer. its just a visual test, so talk to some people who wheel, they'll know who to go to.