Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTH! sometimes I just want to drive off a cliff...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jan 15, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sometimes I just want to drive off a cliff. I can have the WORST of luck... and although its not very bad... it REEALLY pees me off...
    On monday I bought an oxy/acetylene welder which I under-estimated the cost... which was just below 600 bucks candadiean after taxes, including gas and lease on the tanks... so I am quite a bit in debt because I didn't think it would be THAT much...
    I was looking in the advitiser a few minutes ago, and guess what i f#^&#$ saw? a chev. 350 4 bolt main for 200 bucks OR OBO! with only 60,000 KM on it! HOLY! WHAT is with this? AHHHHHHHH I'm looking for a 350 for cheap right now and I found one LOCAL... in my town, for a GOOD price, and I dont need to pay shipping... although I would need to find some way to get it home (only have a car running right now) but WTF! why couldn't I've seen this a week ago! AHHHHHHH ill go insane. this is unbelieveable!!! AHHHHHHH
    I shall go stare at the article now...
    BUT I want to check the new advitister (the one i was looking at was monday the 10th... the new one wil be friday) so maybe somone got the deal, and I wont have to worry about it... but ****! that is F$^#$ angering I never saw that!!! ARRGRRGRGR
    okay im okay now... got to go get my tee!

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

ask your mom if you can borrow some money then pay her back when you get it, just tell her you found a deal that you cant let pass up and that you will pay her back, ow and tell her she is very beautiful and that your the luckiest kid in the whole world to have suck a great mom :D

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah what he said :D :D

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Lemme guess taking the torch back is not an option right? And trust me steve I know how you feel. Like the week after I had bought the diesel I have now sent to the scrap yard and the jetta I saw the best deal ever. a pair of 79 k5's that ran for $300. heh wish like hell I could have got that. But there will always be somehting out there later on for you to grasp when the time is right if you miss this one.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

The thing is, with the welder costing more than I thought, she was the one that bought it, and I pay her back. So right now I owe her around 200-300 bucks already... so another 200 is going to be alot. It's still in the newspaper 5 days later... I will see how it goes. I need to find out exactly how much money I have.
    PLUS I don't know how I would get it home. none of my friends own a truck... just ricemobiles... so I don't know how to get it to my house, I have the hoist... just no truck right now...just a car...

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

so why did you buy a torch in the first place??

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

because its going to make my life alot easier.

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Maybe for a few extra $$$ the seller will deliver it if he has a truck?

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

thats not such a bad idea... i don't know if he has a truck though. It says he also has a chev rear axle for 150...so maybe he is parting out his truck... I dont know.
    Thanks

10. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

I had this same dilemma...except it was a killer deal on a locked 14 bolt, not a 350. So, I went out and got a g/f that had a truck. Problem solved :D

11. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

If i would have seen a 350 for 300 that runs i wouldn't have spent 2600 on a reman 355 with all the perf mods. still have a dirtbike, job and a g/f.

I don't give a **** how but i would get the damn thing to the house somehow if i was you. Sell some crap on ebay and tell your mom she can have the money when it sells.

Send it by camel if you have to but get it to your house

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't know how far you are from a Lowes or Home depot but most of them rent trucks. Car rental places now have them also, but you would have to be real careful. The Home depot truck here is a Chevy 3500 with a lift and dump bed.

13. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

yeah go get a g with a truck :grin: and that kills more than one bird w/ one stone so to speak. ;) also I have helped load a 327 with the heads off in a mid 80's firebird before. took two of us guys to load it in. threw the short block in and then the heads. My parents also used to use the trunk of their beretta to haul grain for the horses. So its just a matter of getting the motor in there to haul it. ;)

14. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Plop the motor in the trunk ooof the car and pick it out when you get home....

P.S. Don't tell your Mom she sucks or she might not help you at all....:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't think it would fit in the trunk of the car, plus it would sag the rear down so its dragging on the ground...not something my mom would like.
    I need to sit down and see how much money I have, then I might beable to borrow some money off of her.
    We'll see...

16. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i would think if you can find the cash, getting it home would be a fixable issue..

if you call him with cash, he may very well know someone to transport it locally cheap, friend, etc.. or heck even leave it there temporarily maybe if he doesn't mind... worth the phone call at least...

it also helps to have a plan for repayment with realistic goals going into the "negotiations" with mom...

hope it works out.. :thumb:

17. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

dood no one has got it yet?
    scroung up your money pick up pennys sell your body on the strret get some money and offer him a down payment, and save up your cash to pay him off.

other wize buy the time you get the funds someone elce will have gotten it... like me:D

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If you travel across canada to get it, you can have it:grin:
    I'll try to get it...but a lot of people these days won't accept a down payment unless it's something bigger. We'll see...

19. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

well it is always worth a shot steve. Remember the story behind my 84? I went into that email figuring he would say no and I wouldn't get the truck. Heh and you see how that turned out. Always try if you want something. Maybe even explain why you don't have the money right now... if it would help out anyway if not then don't. You can do it!! :waytogo:

20. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Where there's a will,there's a way!

I hauled a 350 chevy motor home in the trunk of my 86 VW Jetta ,when a friend decided he had enough of building chevys from the ground up--I was at his house and his dad said if he didnt get rid of all the stuff in the yard he abondoned there,the scrap man would be coming to get it--he said take it NOW!,or it will be GONE!,when I asked him if I could come back with my truck!:blush:

So we lowered it into the trunk with an engine hoist,it actually fit fairly well,but I could not close the trunklid,so I used a bunjy cord to hold it down--getting it back out again was a bit of a chore though,but not too bad--and the car did sag some,but no worse than when I hauled my friends fatarse sister and her equally plump friend home a few times--I also hauled six bags of black beauty sandblasting sand it it too,3 in the backseat and 3 in the trunk--one thing I can say is VW Jettas have a huge trunk for the size of the car!!

I know how it feels to not have the cash for everything you'd like to have,and of course all the deals come around when you dant have the dough--I still wish I'd bought that 89 K3500 with the 454 in it,but since then I've seen 3 more good deals that I cant afford!--its always that way in life it seems...at least in mine--with my luck..:frown1: