Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTO hydro... pulling to one side?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I finally got a chance to drive my rig more than 2 blocks today... and I noticed that my steering tends to pull towards the passanger side. I thought maybe the ps system wasnt bled enuff, so I jacked the axle up, started her up, and went lock to lock a bunch of times. While i was doing that I noticed that if i let go of the steering wheel it would, on its own, slowly turn towards the passanger side.

any idea what the deal here might be? is it just 'cause i have hydro or....? any help appreciated, as always,

j

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Did you call WTO yet? Seems like that would be a good place to start! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Yep, I agree with Shaggy. Better call WTO. I installed a complete setup with no problems. Sounds like the spool valving in your box may be off.

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

if you'd install hy-steer it wouldn't do that /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Would the brakes dragging a little cause that? sticking caliper???

6. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

Give me a call at the shop tomorrow. I sent you a PM by the way.
    Whatever it is we'll get you taken care of.

7. jekbrown

i did grind my calipers... so i guess thats feasible... only hole i can see in that theory is that the tires/wheels turn to the passanger side even when the front end is jacked up and the front wheels/tires arent turning at all.

Im in skool all day today matt, I'll give ya a ring tomorow when i am off. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

8. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Do you still have your caps that came on the outputs from your steering box when you got it from WTO? If so, disconnect the ram and cap these off. Then try your same test of jacking up the front end and turning. If it continues to steer to the right after you do this, then it has somethign to do with yoru steering box itself. If it doesn't, then it has something to do with the hydro flow from the box to the ram. The other way to do this would just be to disconnect the ram from the tie rod and try it this. But I can't think that is necessarily a good idea.

9. jekbrown

good idear tx... sounds like a smart way to determine *where* the problem is. When i head home this weekend, I'll try it out! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j