Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WTO mods/ Rear lift shim ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, Apr 8, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

How is the WTO mod on the road? I have hydro assist on my DD and need more flow at lower RPM's. How does the PS pump mod affect the steering on the highway?

Also, when I got my 6" lift kit there was a steel shim bolted in the pack. If I take that out will I lose the vibration I have? I am going to put in a 2" lift leaf to level the truck out. I was figuring the shim was to correct driveline angle, but everyone tells me not to run it with a 6" or less lift. What is all of your opinions. I know a guy with 12" of lift not running any shims or mods to the driveline or axle housing. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I thought I knew a lot about my truck until I started hangin out here. So much to learn so little time to get the $h!t done.

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How is the WTO mod on the road? I have hydro assist on my DD and need more flow at lower RPM's. How does it affect the steering on the highway?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't hardly tell I have hydro assist. the only time it lets me know it is ther is at idle, and when i want to turn fast. (i have the big 2" ram.) on the freeway, no probs, between a rock and a hard place--the rock moves. i love it.

on the shim--i would shim it if the drivline angle is bad---if it is not--dont worry about it.

3. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Has anyone else modified their stock PS pump for use with hydro assist? How do you like the high and low speed reactions?