Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wvo in 6.2s

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by jacksprat1599, Mar 20, 2005.

1. jacksprat1599

jacksprat1599 Registered Member

Any of you guys running used veggie oil in your 6.2? I tried the search but it said these terms were too common and it wouldn't search them.The research I have done says that this seems to work best in trucks and cars with bosch inj. pumps or on motors with no injector pumps at all like the powerstrokes.Just wanted to know if anyone here has done it and what might need to be done to keep a 6.2s pump alive running on veggie.

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

As I understand it, a 6.2 will love you for running well-filtered WVO. Cleans out the fuel system and lubes the IP well. Pookster is running something on WVO, but I can't remember if it's a 6.2 or a car. He drops in periodically, so keep this post alive; he'll see it eventually.
    Try these links for more info in the meantime:
    Journey to Forever
    Greasecar
    Greasel

*** Try using the search feature - search for all posts by "Pookster"; I know he's posted some feedback about his adventures in WVO usage. ***

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  3. jacksprat1599

jacksprat1599 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply,I am really interested in this and would love to try it in a 6.2 becuase the seem to be the best in milage of any fullsize diesel.

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Pookster was running 50% WVO in his Chevy 6.2 equiped truck, and was working on a setup to run full WVO, I don;t know if he got it done yet but he did run the 50% successfully.
    I am working on a source for WVO then I will be running 50% so I don;t modify anything.
    :grin: