Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WWYD - Buying and selling etiquite Indiana people check this out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, May 12, 2004.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

This is an interesting deal. Back in October of this year, I made a sale on my 84 M1009 tub and chassis to a guy from Indiana. He happily sent me a money order for all but $50 of the sale price and explained he would be down in a month or so to pick it up. We traded emails for a few months where he said he would be down soon to pick it up. Each time I tried to provide as much information as I could about my contact information. In fact, one email said he lost the contact info and needed me to resend it. Well, its creaping up on 8 months since we made the deal and the M1009 still sits on my property. Now when I send emails to his account - they get returned as undeliverable. I have no other contact information from him other than that email address. I deposited the Money Order back in October as directed by him so I don't have a copy of it. My only last ditch effort would be to try to dig up any receipts I have from the transaction and hope they had his address or phone number.

I don't want to screw anyone over since the truck is nearly paid for. I would just like to get the thing out of my yard!

Does anyone here know how to get in touch with Steven Barron who lives somewhere in Indiana. Also, I believe he saw my for sale post from this site - Steve Fox do you know if is he a Member of this site? I'd like to complete this deal.

Another thing that was brought up - maybe the guy is in active duty. That seems to be around the time he quit corresponding. I'd hate to get rid of something that is owned by a person supporting our country. He does want the vehicle to restore to its original state. Hmmm... WWJD? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have no records of a Steven Barron at all, at least with that spelling?

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Hold it for him until you can find him or at least find out if he is in the service.

If you find that he is not (no idea how on that one) I say hold it for a few more months ... make a good year out of it... and then to collect the money he sent you and put it aside so when/if he comes back you can return it and sell the truck to someone else.

-Ryan

5. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Mudzer
    If you can forward me his last email
    he sent you i might be able to trace it,
    and get ya some more info on the guy,
    email it to K54X4@cinci.rr.com

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I'll send it tomorrow from work. Thanks for the help.

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Without his SSN, it will be tough to find out if he's in the service. You can call the Red Cross for more info though. That's who you call to contact someone in the service...