Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wyotech

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTChevy, Oct 4, 2006.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Its only been my 3rd day here. But I just want to say I am learning lots and enjoying every minute of it. Many people say Wyotech is a rip-off and retarded. all i can say is STFU YOU RICH FU$KS WHOS SHAT DONT STINK! everyone says Laramie is boring as hell. I have found many ways to keep ocupied here. The schooling is great and really professional. It is preparing me for the workin world. The instructors are great, the facility is great, the town is great. So pretty much i just wanted to say that I am having a really good time in school and learning lots even though its only my 3rd day (been in Laramie 3 weeks).

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

whoever says the school is a rip-off and doesn't teach you, well either they know nothing about it or they didn't put much effort in when they went. I use the knowledge I gained at Wyotech everyday on the job(Mitsubishi Auto Technician). Don't get me wrong, I have a TON to learn, and am learning every day, but it was definetally the start I needed. Nothing a few years on the job couldn't teach you, but I constantly come up with tidbits and knowledge that the guys who just learned on the job never knew. Could they do the job fine? of course, but sometimes i wonder how, haha.

Oh and by the way your quote in your signature sounds like the girls of Blairsville....

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i spent 9 months at the University of Northwestern Ohio reviewing stuff i had known for years. does WyoTech start from scratch like UNO did? or do they assume you've got a basic understanding of how stuff works?

4. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

im attending wyotech as well, night classes in SAC:( so sleepy. Its not a ripoff but a bit overpriced for what they teach you. I like it but for what your paying it should be a bit more detailed. Perhaps its different in wyoming. I got 3 months left. What elective are you taking? I was thinking of going out there for the diessel program.

The core classes I think would be a waste of time for you Beater but the elective stuff might be worth it.

5. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Man you nailed it on the head. There were lots of guys that did nothing but complain when I was there. I loved the school (except ASM) and the town. Lots of cool stuff to go do and see. If you're not a complete ignoranus and/or you want to be there, it is fun.

Beater, they do start from scratch as some of the guys I started with didn't know how to change oil. :rolleyes: I don't know what level you're at, but it just makes the core classes that much easier. I knew a lot before I went, but I still learned a lot. Chassis Fab & Street Rod were definitely worth it and that's coming from someone who spent $35k and came back to work as a draftsman not having anything to do with what I learned up there. I regret not using my knowledge gained the way I wanted to, but I don't regret going at all.