Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

X-Force X-200

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by readymix, Feb 17, 2005.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Just picked it up today. Got it for a good price too. Now i just need to get the radio and antenna.

Do you think i will need to upgrade my alt after the X-200 is installed? It can draw up to 60A. I think i have a 90A alt in there now. No aux lights yet and a cheap/crap am/fm/cd radio is all the electronics in the truck.
    No power windows or locks....

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If anything, add a second alt for it. A 16 volt alt should power it very nicely, but you'd need a
    3 post battery. They do make them. Post (1) neg. (2) 13.5+, (3) 16+.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I would like to keep it a little on the simple side of things. I could add a 2nd alt but where would i find the brackets. Is it a completly custom thing. If so would it be OK to run a short belt from on alt pully to the next and just install them close to each other?

I could fab a set of brackets that would allow me to put another alt in place of the smog pump.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

From X-Force website:

It should be fine with just 1 alternator and a good battery. I was running a 4 pill box with a 2 pill driver off of 1 factory alternator and 1 stock size battery and it did an ok job. When I ran my 2 pill it barely moved my volt gauge. The 4 driving 12 box was a different story(that's 2 gauge power wire for size reference)...
    [​IMG]

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will work ok. If not i might try to install a 2nd alt

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you go with a second alt, places like Jeg's and Summit carry low mount alt brackets [​IMG] if you don't want too make your own. I still like the idea of a 16 volt alt too power the amp. More power !!!!!!!! [​IMG] 3 post battery gives you both 12 volt and 16 volt out of 1 battery.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  7. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Would the brackets from summit fit on my engine where they are shown in your post. It looks like tehy would interfere with the PS pump.
    Can i get the brackets to mount it where the air pump is at now? I looked at summit's web site but could not even find the brackets you found.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That pic is of a low mount for a BBC (from Jeg's) but it gives you the idea. I was in a hurry and just copied the pic location and pasted it too the image so y'all would know what I was talking about. What engine do you have SBC or BBC. They make the low mount for both left or right side of the engine.

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

305 SBC
    No ac

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No A/C, well hell, mount it where the A/C would go. That'd make it easy enough.

11. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

i have a york that will be going there soon