Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

X-mas/Kids/$$$

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by moneypit, Dec 9, 2005.

?

What do you spend on your kids for xmas??

1. Get them whatever they need and want money not an object

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. $300 per kid

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. $500 per kid

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I am a deadbeat dad my kids deserve nothing!!!

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Wondering what you spend on kids at x-mas. Assuming they are doing the right things, good grades and being good kids in general.

2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I am not a dead beat dad but the kids do not deserve much this year. And I do not want to get into my family problems. Nuff said? Last year they did a couple hundred. This year will be in the 20 buck range.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

No kiddos here. Parents get the biggest chunk of change (about $120 each), little bro and sis come in 2nd with about $50 each. Still have yet to figure out what to get for the female counterpart :(

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

no kids that i know of. dog will get 20 or so

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

where is the i have no kids and it sucks to be you vote spot?:haha:

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

More than 500 but they arent getting anthing they want either.....Probably aound 1500 total for both

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mine are still young enough that I can get them what they want without breaking the bank. My oldest (5) did have to make a list and narrow it down to favorites.

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Look kids, I bought you a parts truck! Now you can take parts off your truck and give them to me! Sound like fun??

9. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

last year was a couple hundred butthis year they arent getting much. gotta love the military, seems i was overpaid for the last year and they just ganked it out of my check. so 100 bucks for the next month is going to have to stretch a whole lot.
    thought it was a nice x-mas present from uncle sam:mad:

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have no kids, so my trucks get cool things....
    Grant

11. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No kids, but we get gifts for about 15 nieces, nephews, our brothers, sisters, parents, etc...and we spend about $ 25 on each of them.

For each other, (wife and I) we spend about $600-1,000 each. I feel like my wife deserves everything she puts on her list and then some. Specially since I bought myself a new truck ($45K) in January, new enclosed ATV trailer ($13K) in July and have spent at least $5,000 on my Blazer and ATV habit this year.

We do make pretty good money, she's a teacher and I'm a CPA so it doesn't seem that bad to spend a lot at Christmas time on each other.

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

DITTO!!
    G

13. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

More than I wanted, but a good value.

Bought my son his first rifle: a used Ruger 280 with scope (synthetic stock, stainless barrel). Was supposed to go deer hunting this weekend, but my buddy was injured and is in the hospital. Another time.

In the States, we can still own guns, rifles and shotguns. It is a God given right. In Tennessee, it is a part of growing up. With proper care, he can pass it on to one of his kids.

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

holy crap? $300? $500? I don't think I've ever met a kid that really needed more than $25. Sure, if its a new bike or something... or the kids first gun, than I'd go more. But for "just another Christmas"... $25 is plenty. Dumbest thing I ever saw was when my sister's kid had his 2nd x-mas.... kid seriously got like $1000 in gifts... he proceeded to throw them into the corner by the fireplace (prolly wanted to torch them but missed) and play with the 50 cent cardboard box and celophane wrapping stuff that the gifts came in for the rest of the night. Never touched his "real" presents again.

j

15. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You all are gonna call me spoiled rotten but I usually get around $500-$600. However, in my own defense it's usually something that I'll be using for a long time. Two years ago it was a Browning A-Bolt II model that had been discontinued. Last year I believe it was the steering setup on my trail truck. This year they're paying for most of a MIG welder.

In all fairness, I usually spend about $50 on my sister and around $100 on each of my parents though. Last year I ordered a top of line Cody slate call for my dad and bought my mom a pair of earrings she wanted, so it is a two way street.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just remember, boys want toys !!!!! Couldn't tell you what the girls want. I remember being a little boy, and there was nothing more dissapointing then opening a Christmas gift and finding clothing !!!!!!!!! Don't do that to a kid, give them toys !!!!!!! No kids, but I got MP3 players for my bro's daughters.

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My parents spend around 100$ each on my sister and I.

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i don't think much about the money myself. i was spoiled as a child so thats just natural for me.we got motorcycles, expensive guitars and amps,etc.:laugh:

19. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My wife and I only buy our youngun what we know she will use. Mostly educational stuff, maybe a movie or two. We dont buy video games, only things that will put her ahead of her peers.

20. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My wife and I have done the $500+ on each kid before and ust decided that it's too much. We also used to do like $1000 on eachother, but this year we wised up and did about $150 on each kid. They are just to little to justify that much $$ in junk toys. Now when they get older and want actual presents they will keep for awhile like guns or a bike they won't grow out of in a year then we'll spend more. We also decided this year that $100 for eachother is fine since we buy what we both want throughout the year that we don't need to go in debt on Christmas for eachother:laugh: