Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

x-over and hi-steer here I come!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazinaire, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I now have everything I need to install my new crossover steering with histeer (thanks to Toby a.k.a. moneypit and Pep Girls for my 2wd box. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif) This setup will not only move my tierod above the leaf springs, but put it behind the axle as well for the ultimate in protection using rockstomper double steer D44 arms. I can't wait to put it all on /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Now I will be able to turn while flexed and stop shooting all over the place when I hit a bump in the road /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif WOOHOO!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif (can you tell I'm excited? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

COOL!!!!!!

Keep us updated on the results.....I've been dubious about the high-steer myself (even though I'd love to have it), so I'd love to hear a "happy ending" on a street-driven truck!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

So you got the arms from rockstomper? I was looking at Avalanche's arms. What about the tie rod to use behind the axle? I'm looking at doing the same/similar thing and I'd like more details. Good luck. I especially want to know how it works on the street.

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I actually got everything I need used from Toby except for the rebuilt box which I bought at Pep girls. The same arms can be bought at www.rockstomper.com (designed by eric ruehl) but I couldn't find any pics of them installed anywhere, but if you do a search on here for "bob roggy" you should find some pics of a nearly identical arm installed. From what I have heard about avalanches D44 arms I decided to stay away from them, but I have heard nothing but good about thier D60 arms. The tie rod is no different than one that you would use in a stock location, just a bit shorter. Having it mounted where it is kind of eliminates the need for a rock rod but Toby sent me one anyways Maybe I should stop playing on the computer and get to it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

The D60 arms are the ones I'm looking at. I would still have standard steering If I had a D44...probably. Thanks for the info and let me know how it goes.