Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

x-over bent draglink ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by az-k5, Apr 12, 2004.

1. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

question at bottom story at top.
    Well CEE hit an all time low for standards this weekend. It apears close enough is a long way from home. I went for a shakedown on the D60 (dual lockers=wow/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif). I then managed to pop a DL end out of the socket (due to the crappy stock steering design and a little more flex than the already worn DL wanted). To make things better I had a cutom one off, temporary, link with a captured end for the stock GM pitman arm and one adjustable end for the stock Dodge arm on my 60. Well the captured end blew. I had no spare as this was a one off not a two off design. A little trail fix (read 9/16" bolt through the DL end and pitman arm and then a trailer ride to my house-> thanx rob /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif) I made it home. (should have called the towing co. guys we pulled out of the friggin mud earlier but that is another story).

I now need x-over. I am gonna call ORD and get the arms. I like fabbing my own stuff and will make a drop draglink out of 1.5" .250 wall DOM. I need to know how much the drop is for the DL. A quick center to center measurment all I need. I have about 4.5" of lift and a kink pin (duh) Dana 60. I am thinking 3" or so will work well.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanx in advance /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Also has anybody had any issues with bending a drop DL? Should I plate gusset it or not?

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

You should check out Sky Manufacturing. They make one of the best arms out there. When I get home Ill mesure my drag link and let you know what it measures too.

Nick

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

OK my draglink is 1.5" diamiter
    1/4" wall
    And it looks like its a 3 3/4" drop center to center but from 1 end of the tube to the other it is 5 1/2".

Anything else u need to know?

LMK
    Nick

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

That will do it. The length would be good but I have a dodge 60 so I doubt they will match.
    Thanx

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Close Enough.. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif