Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

x-over, hi steer and hydraulic installed.....Death wobble?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by ZK5, Sep 29, 2004.

1. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

I recently installed the crossover steering, hi-steer and hydraulic assist for my 60 and I finaly took it for a test ride. As soon as I hit 25 mph or the first bump the truck wobbles so hard that it yanks the steering wheel out of my hand. I replaced the king pin bushings and washers only cuz I had new ones layin around it didnt help at all. The pins looked good and I dont get any play from the lower bearing and pin. I aligned the front wheels the best I could with a tape measure and they appear to be right on. Should I invest in the complete king pin set or a 4 wheel alignment first?

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Try adjusting your front wheel bearings. I had one side out of adjustment and it did this.

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I recently installed the crossover steering, hi-steer and hydraulic assist for my 60 and I finaly took it for a test ride. As soon as I hit 25 mph or the first bump the truck wobbles

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, this happen to anybody else? I thought crossover and hydro assist deleted the death wobble problem. Death wobble is the main reason I was going to crossover w/hydro assist. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

What about tie rods ends? I had this same thing with my crossover (not a d60) and had the front wheels balanced and it helped dramatically.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

all the above plus check the toe again, you should have some toe in, probably 1/4" or so wouldn't hurt to try.
    Maybe try with different tires to see if it changes?