Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

x-over riser block is it needed?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by pilgrim, Jan 1, 2002.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i installed my x-over this past fall and i love it , thanks. But i was wondering if that riser block is needed. i have only a 6" susp lift and thought that it was ok without it , however i must have ordered it wrong because i got one. so hey, i put it in. does having it in put unecessary stress on the knuckle. also i'm having very nasty handleing (death wobbing) but i have agr dumb box so i haven't ruled that out yet. thanks for any input.

85 sub / 350 rebuilt / 14bolt ff ,w-detroit/ dana 60 w-posi / sm 465 / np 205 / 6" lift / 10000 ramsey / custom tailgate

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Not so sure you got the spacer block from us, I don't know that we've ever sold one! For a 6" you shouldn't need the block, just bolt the arm to the knuckle and you should be fine.
    for the DW, look to castor angle and check the condition of all the steering joints and wheel bearings. Also, if you don't have a stabilizer, get one, it doesn't take much of a stabilizer to really help out.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

3. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Also for the DW check the front spring mounts to make sure that they are very tight to the frame. Mine were loose and scared the PI$$ out of me at 65MPH.

4. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

sorry your right i bought it from oru not ord. but thanks for the info i really appreicate all the help you guys give. i hope to have this DW figured out today.

85 sub / 350 rebuilt / 14bolt ff ,w-detroit/ dana 60 w-posi / sm 465 / np 205 / 6" lift / 10000 ramsey / custom tailgate