Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

X-over steering mess/questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big89Burban, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

Ok guys. Some of you might have been keeping up with my project. Just about a month ago I put a 12" lift on my 89 burban. Got 3/4 ton axles waiting for it. My question is what to do about the x-over.

I have 12"s of lift now but I am going to be adding 4"s more (yeah, yeah) wanna clear my 44's w/o cutting. Anyway I am about to order all the stuff for the steering (pass. side arm, pitman arm, drag link, etc) My question is should I just get everything but the draglink and install it all then measure for the draglink? Am I gonna have to get something crazy made?

This is my project/daily driver at the moment. So I am trying to get everything done in steps so that its still driveable. BTW I was gonna order it all through shakerbuilt cause he has the x-over and a few other misc. peices I'm looking for.

This project is getting too big. :doah:

Thanks!

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Well I have a big lift too, bigger then 12". I called a few different places, all said that their crossover wouldnt work without a bolck between the kunckle and steering arm, and I wanted to run hi steer, so that was out. I finally called Sky Manufacturing, their crossover and hi steer worked perfectly for my blazer. I dont the the drag link was any thign special made, but if you had to, im sure they could hook you up!