Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

X-over steering question (drag link)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by protechk5, Feb 19, 2007.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

ok with a bent drag link, is there any need for a right hand thread side and left hand thread side?? Cuz it will be easier and cheaper if I just had both sides right hand thread size, and with the bent drag link, i think you would have to take it off to adjust it anyways.

2. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

I think your right. I am partial to a straight drag link, for ease of adjustment and overall strength. This is what I went with too... The con = cutting out and refabbing the engine crossmember.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I don't really understand why most of the bent draglinks in the kits have LH and RH threads. You aren't going to be able to turn it without removing at least one end, at least that't the case on my truck.

I say just do the RH threads. Then you could carry just one spare if you were so inclined.

4. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

The good thing, once it is setup, there shouldn't be a need to adjust it. Unless damage is done. (Talking from experience)