Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

X over steering?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Jul 8, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

On the stock pitman arm on 2WD steering boxes, will this work with X over? I have read that there are different types that will work. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Not the stock Chevy pieces. You can use the Superlift #1104 arm for Ford's or you can use a Jeep arm. I don't remember which one offhand though. I use the #1104 arm. It works great.

Harley

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Stock Chevy 2wd arm is a wearable part with a tapered stud. The aftermarket setup is a tapered hole for a tie rod end and this is why you cannot use a stock 2wd arm with crossover. You need a hole, not a stud.

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

The axle I just purchased is a D44 with an ARB, Chrom-moly shafts, CTM u joints, and X over steering. The PO had a hydraulic assist setup on it, so the welded tabs are already there. My question is would you guys go ahead and get the hydraulic setup if you were me? I looked into West Texas Off Road and it looks like I could get a box fitted for $150. I would then need to buy some lines and a ram. Are the rams really that expensive? Could I buy one from a different source, if so what type would I need. Let me know what you guys think /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've researched rams locally and they're more expensive than WTO.

If you can afford to go hydro assit, do it now!! It will save your frame from carnage.

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I've researched rams locally and they're more expensive than WTO.

If you can afford to go hydro assit, do it now!! It will save your frame from carnage.

[/ QUOTE ]

im planning on going hydro assist too.. before my truck goes on the road in 2 months... (I KEEP ON SAYING 2 MONTHS!!! HEY WIFE IS IT 2 MONTHS YET????!!!)