Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

X-Terain PICTURES???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CHEVY 4WD, Oct 26, 2002.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have some pictures of 33in X-TERIANS(sp) also does anyone know about there wearing and lift.
    BTW could you guys tell me about how much lift the trucks with the 33's have

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Re: X-Terain PICTURS???

??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i dont know anything about those tires..but trucks with 33's generally go with a 4 inch lift...you can also fit 35's wiht a 4 inch..but chances are you are going to rub under full flex..but if you drive it on pavement all the time you could run 35's too...but 33's and 4 inch lift go good with each other..

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

im not really wondering about the lift but thanx i just wanted to see them in comparison some guys with 33s run 2.5 in ive even seen 6 or no lift so that why I was asking but I agree 4 is the best way for 33's

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i just have stock springs and im thinking about going to 33's..i have 31's right now and they are fine..eventually im going to put a 4 inch rough country in mine so i might as well put on the 33's now while im getting new rubber..

6. Re: X-Terain PICTURS???

If you go to my web-shots, you can see x-terrains on my Suburban. I like them alot. Not bad on the highway,noise wise,and great off-road.

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

How do they wear(as in life & equaly). Do they do about as good in the mud as a bfg mt or mt'r? and do they still bite in reverse since there directional?

8. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Hang in there and I'll snap some picts of my 35's. They are great tires but they are showing disturbing signs of wear after 3K miles and maybe 7 or 8 trail rides. The tears/cracks in the rubber are what worry me. If I had it to do over I'd prol buy the BFG mud ko's.

9. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I will get you pics tomorrow but I have had my Xterrains for 1 year now, I have put on them more than 10000 miles of highway and maybe 8 trail trips, starting in Snow, then mud, then Rocks and more rocks, and finally dirt.
    They look like they are new, they performed great on everything I threw at them, and I am taking them to Pismo DUnes this week end.
    By the way, They last longer than MT's, maybe as much as At,s if not more, and I had lockers so that is supposed to wear them off faster. They ride so smoothly, even better than the AT's that I had before.
    I definitely rcommend them, and as far as lift, with 33", that is what I had before I got the 35" and hacked off my fenders to fit them, with no additionnal lift.

I wouls

10. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Glad your having good luck with yours, they are nice tires, but 3,000 miles and 6 or 7 trail rides... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] "Tires so tough they should be outlawed" its not looking that way! There are a lot more tears like the ones in the pictures on all the tires. Most tears are at the base of the tread blocks and look like the lugs are trying to tear off, others are just at random. I guess if you don't do rocks they are a good tire, not too noisy, excellent on road manners even in the rain, came round and true and do well off-road. I know a guy with them on a Toyota and I'll keep an eye on his to see if they wear the same way on the lighter truck.

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Oh my god /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    What have you run them on?
    I do mostly the rubicon, it's all rocks, and I did try everything else.
    I have them on a Blazer and it has a big ass diesel in it so it's not a light truck.
    By the way how do you load pics in the thread?
    I tried and the only option I get is a link and I can't do that.
    I want to show the pics like you in the thread.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> This is a pic of X-terrains at 15,000 miles that some pavement pounder on FSC has. Looks like they do OK on the street but wear like crap if you use them on the trails alot.

[​IMG] </font color>

13. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

These tires look the same as mine, I found out how to post pics here so I will as soon as I get home.
    Silly me it was so obvious but I had to read the newbie thread to learn how /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You can check the tires on my K5, and I am sure you will find something interesting there too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My ride
    There are a couple of close ups where you can see the tread is still looking good, can't say the same about the rest though /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

So now you tell me. Could have used that advise a few months ago! Isn't the Xterrain suppose to be an off road tire??? or is it just a poser tire? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Did you look at my tires?
    They still look new and you can see what those same rocks did to my truck.
    In my club half of us have them and we are very pleased with them.
    I don't know if it different kind of rocks but I will be trying them on everything.
    So far so good.

17. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Ouch! Thats why I'm making all the skid plates and body armor! The tires do look good though.

My wheeling has been mostly rocks, rough surface, some broken and pointy with sharp edges. That has to be whats tearing them up. I had BFG muds on a pickup and pulled tree stumps and plowed gravel on the driveway after every heavy rain, without tearing them up (pushing the pile until the truck stops and just hops). Got like 40K miles out of the BFG's, but didn't wheel them in the rocks. The Xterrains have plowed gravel twice, no stumps yet and pulled the pickup out of a stuck. So I figure its got to be the rocks chewing them up. That or I got a bad set (unlikely).

Typical rocks on the trails [​IMG]

18. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well that's easy, get a new set of BFG's and take them to that wheeling spot you have with sharp edges and try them out.
    I don't think there is any rubber that can resist that.
    Still I never avoid any rocks, sharp or not, but I crawl, and I don't get any weel spin, I have lockers on both ends.
    That might be the difference?

19. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Don't know, I got a detriot and trac loc. I try to crawl without wheel spin too, but sometimes there's no avoiding it, like slick loose up hills and some ledges etc. Maybe a front locker would help some.

I'm ok with the lugs getting worn or little pieces broken off, but the cracks in the carcass are what I don't like!

20. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

i would think the tire would be good for the dersert and the less rocky trails, i was thinking about picking them up for that reason but im not so sure now, procomp does have a good name tho.