Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

X-Terrians on the road?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Sep 30, 2005.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if any of yall have much expierance with procomp x-terrians on the road? Like such as road noise tread life Im going to put them on my DD '99 1500 It wont see much offroad use but I like the look of somthing meater then an all terrian

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

friend had some. 33" on yota truck. ran great spun stright and smooth. fair amount of weight to balence not excesive. and quiet for mud tire. spun the mud like no tomarow. and i drove on a set in a k5 with the 37" in the snow and was kind of scary in the corners. but if you get snow in flroida we got problems.

3. scubahard

scubahard Registered Member

I have a set of 35" on my 1981 DD. They have lasted for over 2 years now. For the type of driving I do I have been really happy with them. They are better than an All-terrain on the trail and last longer than a Mud on the Road. I was not too happy about how they performed in really thick mud / clay. The lugs are not big enough to clean out the mud very easily.

I would get them again for a DD.

4. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am running 35'' x-terrians on my daily driver blazer and love them. They run great on the road and are not that loud, they even do ok offroad. I have had them on for almost 2 years and they are only about half way gone ( not sure about mileage) and thats with a locker in the back. I use to run the swamper ssr radials on another daily driver truck and they were alittle louder and didnt last as long, but were better offroad. If you only see dirt every once in awhile I think the x-terrians are a good choice.

5. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

i am running the 37" x terrains and love them. i havent run them in the winter yet but as for noise there is more noise with the mud terrain. i dont hear the tire noise over the pipes.

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

awsome thanks guy and right now pro-comps doing the buy 3 get one free think so it looks like a 305 70 16 will look nice on a set of 16x12 Classic 2's for the DD :pimp:
    oh yea and we still havent got any snow since ive been alive down here... this may sound strange but ive always wanted to drive in snow...

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Come on up this winter....Seeing Southerners drive in the snow for the first time is some :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: shiat!!!!!!

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You don't even need to go that far. Just hit Tellico in late Jan early Feb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back on topic. My friend w/ the SFA Z-71 has had them in 35s for a couple of years and they are wearing well. I borrowed his truck and drove from Atlanta, GA to Cleveland, OH & back, to pick up a trailer with a GMC Yukon on it, along with various shorter trips around town. The tires have a particular sound to them, different than what I was used to with the BFG M/T or even the A/T. In the 1700 or so miles I drove them, they seemed like a good road tire. Both loaded and unloaded, no tread squirm that I noticed. They worked fine in the rain and dry, I didn't see any snow that trip.

9. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

that looks like a fun time to me... but I love driving in the rain and we have some really slipery clay down here I love driving in(hate cleaning the truck after though) im sure snow would be completely differnt though

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i prefer snow over mud any day of the week. and my friend has the 37 on 15x10 rims work great . just a bit sucked it . but still look good .

pic of his blazer with the 37 on 10" rims. 4" lift with 6" blocks in back to kick up rear over the 4" blocks and also 3" body.

andy blazer 001.jpg