Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

X2: X-Men United

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chris87K5, May 4, 2003.

1. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

Anybody see this movie yet? I did yesterday. Its alot better than the first one IMHO.
    anyway, how can you go wrong with Halle Berry?
    [​IMG]

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Saw it last night, that movie kicked ass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> Saw it last night, that movie kicked ass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw it Friday night. The movie was good, but the quality of the screen or projector sucked.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

How did Mystique look? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How did Mystique look? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]pretty good, but not as good as Storm *drools* /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yup, I'd have to agree. X-Men 2 was better than the first and I belvie will be so much better than Matrix Reloaded. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

And Storm and Jean are both very hot! Oh yea, and Rogue. lol. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Just saw X2. It was good. Mystique looked good, especially when she took her real form as Rebecca Roman in that skin tight hoochey dress. Damn!!! Storm is ok, but both Jean Grey and Rogue looked good too. Lucy Lui looked pretty hot too. Bitch got what she deserved though. I was kinda pissed they didn't have Colosus in the movie more.

I can't wait for the next one to come out. Probably next summer.

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

That one girl with the claws was Lucy Lui!?

9. Hossbaby50

Maybe it wasn't Lucy Lui. Actually I don't think it was, but I don't remember her name offhand now. I have seen her before though. She didn't look bad though. Whoever she is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Hossbaby50

Actually her name is Kelly Hu.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the matrix will own all...

AFA comic flicks, the new r-rated punsiher flick they are working on is gonna rock. All i want from a future x-men flick is Juggernaut vs Hulk fight scene. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif that would rule.

they need to make the death of superman comic into a slick too... doomsday was bad azz!

j

12. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I dont like Lucy Luia nd think shes ugly, so i knew that one chic couldnt be her. The one who actaully played in X-men was hot.
    Actaully I heard they were making a superman movie, but the script was SO bad. They had to change it. I heard it was horrible. Like krypton never realy blew upa nd lex luther was frontin' as a cia agent but really from krypton too. It was some pretty horrible artistic liscencing if you ask me.
    I don't know what to think about Matrix Reloaded. It might be awesome like the first. It might be a complete sellout, however.

13. jekbrown

"sellout"... lol! I like how people somehow make the first matrix flick to be some kind of underground indie movie or something. The Matrix reloaded will be a lot like the 1st one... amazing s/f/x, a cool plot idea, dodging bullets and other superhuman stuff. Personally I could sit there for 2 hrs and just watch action sequences like those the whole time. That stuff just rules.

j

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it sure does rule. But what I'm saying is, the first movie had ALOT of philisophical, bible, religious allusions and whatnot. The weinerskowkzy brothers (or however you may say) probably picked up that many people loved solely the action and f/x and concentrated mostly on that in the 2nd movie; besides, sequals are never as good as the original except X-Men and the original star wars trilogy, though i have the say the 2 prequels so far have sucked.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Well the Matrix flick that's coming out this month is NOT the sequel to the original, it's the prequel to the sequel. That being the case, I expect it to actually have a good storyline. Since they felt the need to make an entire movie in order to give us background on what's going to happen in the sequel, logic dictates that it's going to continue with the cool storylines from the first movie and more than likely introduce some new mind-boggling ones.</font>

16. jekbrown

well i dont see how all those references to religious/moral issues etc are going to go away in the sequel... they will prolly still be there. Its just my opinion, but the ideas put forth in the original flick are plenty strong/interesting to support several more films... no real need to introduce anything fundamentally "new" or anything... just keep exploring the wackiness that they have already put out there. Now... lets see some bullet-dodging...

j

17. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Its a prequel?? Wow thats tripped out. So like Neo is "the one" and he dies or something wiating to be ressurected in what is Matrix part 1?

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> No, it's a prequel to the sequel... The three movies are in chronological order, but the second one is billed as the prequel to the sequel, the actual sequel to the first movie is the third movie. Got it? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif </font>

19. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

oh.... thats just confusing. so the second movie is explaining the sequel which is really the 3rd movie. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That's my take on it. But it could just be marketing hype, who knows... </font>