Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

xbox or playstation?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, May 7, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

got my tax $ in the mail today w00t

i dont want to spend but mabye 200$ on this total...so im hoping that will land me one of the above systems and games

it will find its place in my truck on occasion...but for the most part will be in my room....the more multi player games the better (offline...real people, not xboxlive crap)

and does anyone know if you can play 2 playes, one system, 2 tv's instead of split screen?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Playstation 2 all the way. The graphics are good , getting better ( as the programmers learn to harness the power). The xbox is ok, but controller don't feel right, and you basically get a pentium 3 minus everything that makes it a computer. Playstation 2 has a bigger gamebase, better ergonomics, and lots of peripherals. My opinion, my choice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

PS2 !!!

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

PS2, especially if you like RPG's at all

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Xbox, it's later technology, faster processor and gpu, graphics are much better. I prefer the Xbox controller to the PS2 as I have rather large hands. I own both the xbox and PS2 and I play the Xbox 9 out of 10 times. The PS2 is a great system but it can't compete with the xbox. BTW.. be sure to check out Ninja Gaiden if you get one.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

xbox all the way. I have every major system released in the US since the NES and I play the X-box the 2nd most out of all of them (saturn is first, always). Great system. AFA the controller goes, I have very average sized hands and the controller fits me without problems. I think the people who complain about it tend to have GHS, or Girly Hand Syndrome... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have both and the x bow has some awesome grtaphics and sound but so does the ps2, x box is probably better in that dept. more games for the ps2, but xbox has some awesome ones like MX unleashed! i dunno im leanin towards x box at the moment.

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

they have MX unleashed for PS2 also. getting it next week /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

seems like there are more games for PS2. i have a PS2 and have played a X box, they seem to have the same abilities as far as grafics, speed, etc. i don't like the huge x box controller, the fact that if you want to play online, that you need to subscribe to xbox live for $10/month.

x box lowered the price for 199 to 149, you don't need a memory card

i looked at the differences and ill pick a ps2 over x box.

9. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

my main concern is picking the system with the best fight/sports/racing games

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    my main concern is picking the system with the best fight/sports/racing games

[/ QUOTE ]

fight = ps2

sports/racing = xbox

j

11. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

man dude x-box all the way. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

with the system link u can play with up to 16 people on 16 different tvs, not that anyone would need that many. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

theres no need for a memory card cuz its got a hard drive and dvd player. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

four controller slots. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

u can download your own music and play it while your racing /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

and xbox live just kicks ass. i know its kinda expensive but its worth it. about $10.00 a month plus u must have at least dsl internet to play online. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

if u get xbox live add me on your buddylist my gamertag is= Pantera Ghost. i play ghostrecon island thunder, asb 2005, pgr2 and sega gt online. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

12. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

xbox live is pretty alluring

i was in 10th grade when ps2 came out...and ive been out of school for 3 years now....so im thinking why spend money on something THAT old

xbox seems to be a good choice...we will have to see though $ wise

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

not to try and sell you,or be a post hijack whore /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifbut i have a playstation2 with many games that i never use(total of 20 hrs mabey)if you want a good deal /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifi have no time for games anymore.Jacob

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I play Ghost Recon as well on live, instead of paying the $10 a month fee, just buy a 1 year subscription card off of ebay for $25 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

where is a good place to find games for xbox?

i was planning on getting a used xbox and splintercell from gamestop for 119$ that good?

16. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i was in 10th grade when ps2 came out...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for making me feel my age /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    When I was in the 10th grade Pong had just came out. It was very Hi tech /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It was the only video game around.
    I like PS2 because I have one. But I tried out an X box and the controller does fit my hands better.
    Dont know which is the better unit tho /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, Pong kicks ass! And for that matter Atari kicks ass....Anyway, My vote is for PS2. Only because you can play SOCOM on it....

18. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyway, My vote is for PS2. Only because you can play SOCOM on it....

[/ QUOTE ]

amen!

now i know what to do with a lazy saturday /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif