Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

xcase swap = Too easy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by grunt11b40x, Oct 11, 2003.

1. grunt11b40x

grunt11b40x 1/2 ton status

just got the balls today to swap out my bad np203 for a good one. I was dreading this ordeal but to be honest I ignored the advice of some to use a engine lift and pull the tranny and xcase as a unit. I just removed the xcase with the tranny still in place. I was a piece of cake!! I used my motorcycle/atv lift( sam's special 80 bucks) and she came down and the new one went up with no hassles!must be my lucky day, anyway if you are tossing around the thought of a xcase swap with out dropping the tranny it can be done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif took me about 2 1/2 hours

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Good deal.
    It's always nice to hear success stories.
    Motorcyle jack huh...never thought of that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

we use one of those for axles. works pretty good. won't get high enough to even touch my tcase. Maybe have to make an extension for it... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. grunt11b40x

grunt11b40x 1/2 ton status

well she was about 3 inches short but I used some wood to block it up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I never drop the tranny to work on the TC... In fact, I mostly drop the TC to drop the tranny... Makes it alot easier to handle alone! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif