Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Xfer case mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KILLERK5, Dec 2, 2000.

1. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

Are the transfer case mounts supposed to flex? My rear end feels like it drops when I stop. It also does this when I hit the gas and brake at the same time (kind of like power braking). I thought it was axle wrap, but the axle isn't moving at all. I looked at my transfer case and the mount flexes. I dont know if this is the problem or not, so if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!!

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Have you checked the engine mounts as well? The tranny/tcase adapter and engine mounts flex A LITTLE, But if they are slamming back down- there probably shot.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Maybe your rear shocks are starting to wear out?

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sounds EXACTLY like what mine does.........feels horrible, doesn't it? Offroad Design sells replacement xfer case mounts that are only $45, that is on my list........the originals are rubber and depending on the age of your rig (mine is 21 yrs old) are probably loaded with grease/oil and are shot.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status