Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

XM users

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anyone have the DELPHI SKYFI 2 ?? Opinions ?? Thinking of buying it and both car and home docking stations.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yup, that's the one I have in the patrol car and I love it.

I got my wife the Roady 2 so that would be my comparison.

The Roady 2, all it has is a little scroll knob on the corner for changing the channel.

The SkiFi2 has a remote control. When running hot (excess of 120) to a call, I would never ever attempt to change channels on the Roady 2. On the SkiFi model with the remote, it's safe to change the channels while running hot.

The displays are night and day. The display on the Roady absolutely sucks and you only get a partial idea of what's going on. On the SkiFi, you can see what channel you are on and who is playing without a problem.

The SkiFi2 also has the memory feature. You can preprogram 20 artists or songs and when they are played on another channel, even ones that you have blocked out, it will notify you and just hit a button and it switches over.

You can also replay the last 30 minutes if you partially missed a song or something. I don't really use this feature.

The SkiFi model is definately more user friendly, especially if you have it in a car. The only other XM models I have seen in cars have been the SkiFi. In fact several troopers around here have them also in their patrol cars.

The one thing I don't like about it is that you can't turn down the display lighting, which for me can be a big deal. At least I have the unit mounted so the glow doesn't bug me at night.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thank you for the review. I like what I've seen so far for the Skyfi 2. I not out at night very often, so the bright display shouldn't be a issue. And for road trips where I do frice at night, guss I could always toss a hankerchief over it if it got annoying, LOL.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I think placement is the key. I have it mounted below eye level and on the passenger side, picture about the left edge of a glovebox. Also, the glow isn't all that bad considering I also have a small monitor for my in-car camera and it's mounted a few inches lower than the XM, but I have to turn the monitor off at night because the glow from it does bother me. In fact, just turning the brightness all the way down, it still has enough glow to irritate me; or I just have insecurity issues with the thing. :D

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

*Cough* Sirius *Cough*....

:grin: :grin: :grin:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like the programing better on XM then that of Sirius. By the way, you might want too get that *Cough* looked at.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I know a few people around here who have it and They are pissed cause They always lose reception. Then again it's hard enough to get cell reception around here.