Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Xmas lights.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Nov 30, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifNot only did I just risk my life, but some of the bulbs don't work or theres a fawkin short somewhere.....
    Gawd dammit I hate Xmas and it's stupid icicle ligths.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I know the feeling, I've got to look forward to that tomorrow /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

LOL-- We bought new "curtain" lights at walmart last night...John started his "dont we have last years?"...I said yup, and if they all work when we plug them in, I'll bring these back...sure enough not 1 set worked. Cool thing about these new lights, if 1 light goes out, the rest keep on working!

We put them up today across the front of the garage, and house, tomorrow I will do the tree's and bushes against the house. Cut down our tree today, it's in the stand..waiting for the branches to drop. They shake and wrap it on the tree lot, pretty neat, not many needles fall off when it gets home. only problem is it's stuck with it's branches tight...

So far, only 1 other neighbor on the "circle" has their lights up. I thought for sure everyone would be outside today- it was 50'. It's VERY unlikely it will reach that temperature again any time soon.

ahhhh the joys of christmas..

Brandy

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Yep 25 and snowy here today and it's heading your way /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I think I'm gonna have to save up money for pizza, buy a bunch of pizza, and bribe my friends to come over and help put my lights up. I'll label it as a pre-Christmas party, so they wont think it's work. No, that won't work. I think I tried that last year. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Bah F'n Humbug... I just throw away all the outside lights and start over. The tree lights are the kind where one burns out they still stay on /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. My wife wants to do the outside lights tomorow /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I want cold and wet so we dont have to do them. How come she wants them and I end up doing all the work. How I miss Christmas on ship.

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ok, does this mean your going to enter mt xmas light contest? and BTW Rob, keep an eye on the mail.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I just throw away all the outside lights and start over

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this with my tree every year. everyone thinks I'm crazy- but you can get new lights after x-mas for 50% off...my time dealing with the stupid things next year is worth more than new lights!

Most people around here take them off the tree, I just toss the entire tree into the back of the ol' man's p/u and he takes it to his shop...ahhhh the joys of being married to a trash man!

Brandy

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Which is exactly why I use the small twinkly lights that cost $1.50 per 300 string............so if the fawker doesn't light when I test them in the warm garage they go in the trash immediately.

Put mine up yesterday...............Gresham is now visible in space. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Got my Chrismas light up today. I've got some 8 to 9 foot trees by my parking. I put 2 strands of multi-color motion lights on the coner tree with one strand set on slow, and the other on med. Looks pretty good. Also did another strand around the railing on my deck. 3 Strands of icecicle light off the roof of the deck, but I need to rehang those couse it looks like $hit. So I'll be out there again tomorrow afternoon.

11. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    3 Strands of icecicle light off the roof of the deck, but I need to rehang those couse it looks like $hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

we picked up the shingle clips at Walmart when we got the new lights- they clip are like a U shape- 1 side goes under shingle, the other on top, then the light clips in slicker than sh*t...now I can tell who in the nieghborhood used them and who hasn't, because those of us that did, have straight lights, those that didn't have these dips in um.

Brandy

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I couldn't stand it once it got dark, so I went out there with hammer and nails and re did it all. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks alot better now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif