Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Xtreme 4x4... again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 22, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

So yeah, thought the CJ buildup was gonna be somewhat Xtreme? think again. Custom proffessionally built frame that accepts aftermarket 4 link setup. Need to put mounts for that suspension your axle? buy one from Currie. Their "high" pinion front 9" with DANA 30 outer parts. Aluminum rear semi float 60. THey should have called Bluetorch and bought some real parts and built a REAL CJ. At least they are puting a 383 in it. Aluminum tub for crawler too, cause its cheap to fix an aluminum tub jeep.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

One thing that caught my eye is there "hot parts" advertisments... IFS 4x4 lifts... whats extreme about that???
    I like the atlas though:p:

3. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

I like "Trucks" better. I do think the girl is pretty cute though.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

its just another trucks. They should just make Trucks an hour long and have Stacy and Jesse. So far Stacy has to do WAY more custom work on each and every project than these guys do. They just bolt crap on and go.

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I need to get the outdoor channel!!!

6. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

I love the outdoor channel. watch it all the time.

7. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

eh...Xtreme 4x4 is not extreme but at least its something. I would love to see a more technical show but somebody has to pay the bills. So far the jeep looks like a good project for being a jeep.

AS to a better show... Blend the two in to one show an hour long. It would be called Xtreme 4x4 Trucks! The host would be Stacey and Jessie. Best of all no more 'little girlie street trucks' as my wife would say.

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

once again another generic show.i guess its about 4x4's. but come on.:grin:

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Make up for it by getting Xtreme Offroad magazine.:grin:

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Stacy put a 4 link on the harry hauler today. He welded up the whole thing himself. There is 10x more useful info and knowledge in one trucks street build up than all of the Xtreme 4x4 episodes combined so far. I am hugely dissapointed. I mean, they can fund trucks just fine and have stacy doing body work that is out of most viewers abilities. It isn't even worth waking up for (I am not a morning person and get an east coast feed so it is on @ 11)

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The only thing I can see that is "Xtream" about the show is the price of all those bolt ons.

12. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Lamest. Show. Ever.

There is no tech, there is nothing extreme about the show, except maybee their budget. THe shameless plugs thoughout the whole show for the advertisers sucks and pisses me off, if i want to see who is sponsoring the show ill watch the damn commercials. All they have done is show that with an unlimited budget you can bolt together a bunch of crappy parts and a few good ones and end up something most of us roll our eyes at. I wont be watching it again.

13. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

The outdoor channell is pissing me off:mad::mad::mad: They replaced the scheduled times I like to watch and replaced FourWheeler television with paid programming. I should cancel my cable. 300 channals with nothing on:mad::mad:

14. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I especially love the dodge buildup they did with the kelderman air ride kit. What they don't tell you is that unless you have major driveshaft work done, you can't drive the truck on all but the lowest setting. And if you saw the end of the show you probably remember them saying something about when you're rolling on 38's, you don't need a spare...wow...just wow...so extreme I almost pissed myself

15. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

yea that dodge looked pretty goofy, gobs of lift and the tires looked like pizza cutters on it.

those electric steps would be cool until you go to open the door and expect them to come down but they dont :laugh:

16. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

...or when you actually take it wheeling and open the door when you're up against a big rock :blush:

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Feel free too go to http://www.topdeadcentertv.com/Forums/Default.aspx and post your opinions. The only way the producers will make the show the way we want it is if the people who wheel post thier opinions, if we don't, it'll be another show about high dollor mall posers.