Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Xtreme Offroad Magazine - Message to Advertisers and Subscribers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by readymix, Jun 25, 2005.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Glad I kept forgetting to subscribe.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i subscribed... but its not huge loss, its all comp coverage but it did have some tech.

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Would that $20 have made an impact on your life if you hadnt spent it? I know it didnt for me. I spent $20 for two cool mags, and a chance to win some prizes. If i get more issues, that would be great, but im not going to cry about not getting all 6 like some on Pirate have been doing.

I never liked cavey from the start, and im willing to bet XOM's demise has a decent ammount to do with him.

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Is the $20 a big deal.....No

It is the fact that i paid for something that i will likely never get. With your logic ,Daniel at USA 6x6 is a good guy and people should not bitch when they get ripped off. WTF :thinking:

I don't know Cavey "Tim", don't care to either. I do hope that it works out for XOM as i hate to see peoples dreams burn, plus i would like to recieve "goods paid for"

6. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

chief... thanks for the heads up...My bank credited the charge back to me and said they would probably eat it as the mags bank showed NSF on everything,,,, The people at the magazine had zero communication with me for over 4 months... emails and phone calls
    ****ty way to treat people.... hope these people reap their karma

cam

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2005
  7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I subscribed, and liked the Mag... but hey, if it is gone, life will go on. The thing that I will miss the most about it is all the advertisements for Vendors that you didn't see or hear about anywhere else. I spent HOURS on the Net looking at all of their sites and checking stuff out.

8. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

There is alot of different threads over on PBB talking about XOM and not getting their mags..I didn't order the mag so I won't and can't say anything about the mag it self.. I will discuss general buisness practices though..

A lot of people are saying they paid the $20 for a mag subscription and even though they didn't get what they payed for they chalk the whole thing up as a loss and justify it by saying '' hey I got a chance at some really cool prizes''.. I disagree with this logic because you didn't pay $20 bucks to enter a raffle you payed $20 bucks for a mag subscription..

That is the same logic as ordering a set of gears and only getting the ring gear and not the pinion and when you call the company to ask where the pinion is they send you a bumper sticker and then you say '' well I didn't get my pinion but I got this really cool sticker'' and sit around wondering what happened to the rest of your money.. That is just not the way to do buisness..

That is just my penny's worth.. For those of you that did order the mag I wish you luck in getting the rest of what you paid for :thumb:

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Exactly my thoughts......not shared with Joez though :grin:

10. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

It does suck to not get ALL of what you paid for. But it's like ordering 6 tacos and only getting 2 of them, then going home and crying about it to your journal. It's pointless, give the people at XOM a chance and see if you get your other 4 tacos, but if not, sure it's a shame, but griping about it to us won't fix it, and I'm sure XOM is getting plenty of griping as it is :dunno:

11. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I ordered my 6 tacos (XOM) and when i got home there was only 2....so i went into the kitchen and made a big juicy steak (CK5), I am glad that when i pay for my steak (CK5) i get what i expect......and so much more.

Thanks for the great site steve.

12. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:
    :haha: :haha: :haha: I like my steak too!

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Dont get me wrong, it sucks that the magazine went under and i only got 1/3 of what i paid for. I subscribed way back when they pretty much first started taking subscriptions, and didnt see my first issue december. But, even from the start there were doubts about it really making it, and it was a gamble. I plopped $20 down on something that i may not have seen, or might have not even been worth it, and i understood that. Had i not gotten anything, i would be upset. But, i at least still got something out of it, so i'll just look at it like that instead of calling my credit card company to dispute a $20 charge made last year because i wont have anything to read on the crapper.

But, they may still come out of it yet and deliver more mags, you never know what can happen. If they do, great, if they dont, **** happens.

Oh, and comparing a $20 a year magazine subscription to a magazine that may have gone bankrupt, to a man who continuously lies and cheats his customers out of thousand dollar parts, is a bit of a stretch.

14. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I don't really feel like reading all this crap.... So let me get this straight - the two XOR mags I've gotten are all I'm going to get....there'll be no more? Sure I lost out on my $20 or $25 (whatever it was), but what's this I think I saw about 'subscriptions being taken over' by another mag???

Someone break this down for me, short and sweet - what happened, what was the result, and what is/will be done about it? 'Preciate it.

Your dependent, non-investigating friend,
    big94

:D

15. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

XOM had some drama unfold behind the scenes, which resulted in several people leaving the mag. The remaining owners of XOM are still supposed to be working to get issue #3 out and keep going, but it is looking bleak, and has been for a while now.

Cavey, has said he will be starting another mag with the other people that left XOM. He has also said that those who subscribed to XOM will recieve 4 free issues and advertisers will be taken care of.

Thats it in a very small nutshell. Dont hold your breath for the new XOM, but it may still come. Same goes for this rumored new mag.

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, I'm kinda mad about this whole situation. I don't know what went on behind the scenes... but it seems like stupid teen-age girl style drama destroyed the organization from within. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I really really really liked the first 2 issues of XOM and I hope there will be more. I'm skeptical about XOM Jr. (whatever cavey etc come out with) if for no other reason than because the guys in charge seem like the kind of people that will "bail" on a project when the going gets tough. Say what you will about Primedia... at least they get their pos mags out in the mail and they don't cry 'Im taking my ball and going home!' either.

j