Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Xtreme4x4, 06Aug (rerun)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big94gmc, Aug 6, 2005.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

So they stripped a Suburban.... BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE USEFUL PARTS!!! :eek1:

I honestly think that alot of what they build is not geared toward the average builder.... That H1 body kit has got to be a couple grand just by itself. And a crate 6.6 decked out with GaleBanks complete line? :doah: $$$$!! I'm only half way through the episode, so I'm sure whatever tranny they mention is not going to be an affordable and available TH350 or TH400.... These aren't cheap, average Joe trucks they build.

(((EDIT: I want to go to Farmington and run the Bonecrusher now! :D )))

2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

A CUSTOM BUILT Allison 1000????? Anyone here have one of those lying around?

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sure i cant get rid of them up here, hell i use them for wieght in the back of my truck in winter!

you want a couple?

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

:haha: ( :rolleyes: )

I'm just venting. I think this show is unrealistic for anyone who hasn't won the lottery.

5. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

I agree the show can be a little unrealistic but put yourself in there shoes. They dont have to pay 1 cent of that so why not go all out. Im sure if anyone on this site were to have gotten that job theyd be doing the same thing. I know i would! :saweet:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think that about all the RTM shows.

7. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

they jump around too much on their projects.

also the show needs different hosts.

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have to restrain myself from posting weekly rants about the RTM shows, yet I still watch them for all the trick **** they use. It's a viscious cycle, but you've gotta feed the addiction. :D

That being said, if you can't tow something as light as a heep with a standard Duramax and Allison, you have problems.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Xtreme4x4=Lame Talk about some worthless host.

10. NEVERENOUGH

NEVERENOUGH Registered Member

It might have already been discussed somewhere but does anybody have any info on that blazer. Anything at all bedsides, specs anything. Thanks for your help.

11. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

They should just have Jessi do a 30 min strip show. That WOULD be "Extreme" 4x4 :D :eek1:

12. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Fixed it for ya.

Maybe I'm an idjit but I don't recall a blazer on the show... :confused:

13. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I agree about jesse. The blazer was the white and blue one with the fiberglass sides. I am amazed how they act like the only thing that can wheel is a buggy or a jeep. I am kinda gettin tired of the powerblock.

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you know i was complaining about the same thing.but then it dawned on me,the name of the show is EXTREME. so they get to do extreme stuff.and every once in awhile do something cheap.i could do without all the jeeps though.and when the brought in the sub and talked about tow rigs i got excited.now what kind of fake ass crap are they going to build?that body hangs 2 foot off the frame on each side. :dunno:

15. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I agree that the show does go over some unrealistec buildups for the average wrencher, but......................................... The show is sponsered by the products that the sell, no-sell no sponser no show. What company would sponser a do it yourself show that can't sell anything because the people make it themselves. Also the people that can make it themselves would never have to watch the shows anyway. :doah:

16. boggerless

excactly :D

17. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

No 'but's, that's the bottom line. The average wrencher is who is watching the show. Stacey, on Trucks, does (semi) realistic build-ups. Yea, sure, Copperhead, CrazyHorse, and that Power Wagon on 49's were a bit extravegant, but the trucks that he completes in one episode are affordable, realistic, and informative.... Lowering that blue S-10, hopping up that diesel with (realistic) Banks parts, lifting that white Jeep for that kid, and those other types of 'How To's he does are the 'average wrencher' builds. Plus, the 'How it works' corner, with WyoTech people - that's good knowledge!

Xtreme4x4 is not a very good show....it's okay to watch, but doesn't do anything for me other then filling up a half hour of my time.

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd bet "How It Works" is Wyotech sponsorship.

What would Xtreme do 1 show builds on? Install leaf spring lift on a Jeep? That would get old real quick, no? They are "Xtreme", the name implies they aren't just going to do simple little things, at least to me anyway. The worst thing they've done was that damn Dodge on Airbags. But hey some people like them(there was a dually on Airbags with the same kit at Carlisle this weekend).

19. boggerless

yea stacey is way more fun to watch. and in my opinion way more on the game.but he already does 4x4 lifts like you said. so why would EXTREME do the same easy crap???i think most of it is more than the average joker can do ,BUT it is EXTREME don't you think?it's something to do in the winter watch and wish. :D

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd like too see Xtream4X4 build a buggy. Start off with a pile of tubing on the floor. Build a frame/cage. Build a Xtream crawler. 49.5" IROKs and a fairly low center of gravity. Well, I doubt that'll happen. They haven't figured out that more then just Jeeps can crawl.