Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ya know, we are all seriously touched

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Think about it, tell any other automotive enthusiest (sp) to take a grinder to their brake calipers to clearance them for wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Or pull out their front shaft and go grinder crazy on the CV joint to clearance it for better droop. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

How bout lifting your rig to the point where a HUMMER looks small. Where you can look Semi drivers in the face. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

When every time you take it to town your waiting to get pulled over for any one of the many "vehicle saftey laws" you have broken. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I think Im spending too much time in the shop lately........ /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

hehehe aint it the truth! My bud is into rods and street trucks. Has a awsome 67 Impala with a 327 Towanda in it that will keep you firmly planted in the seat. Has a 78 Chevy Luv with a built 350 in it made into a convertable that takes at least one award every show it goes into. His daily driver/tow rig is a 95 Chevy extended cab with a 3/3 drop, Corvette Rally's (old style) with the Chevy logo accross the tail gate redone in the old style Chevy Script to give it a little retro feel (looks really good too). He can't believe what stuff I will take my truck through. Although he did get a kick out of me walking it through the creek in his side yard and getting it fully flexed Pretty deep littl hole its in too The bottom of the door was about 5ft from the ground. He was really impressed when I told him I went through it in 2wd LOL /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif He still has come to terms with the constant repair and maintance it takes to keep fixing and improving stuff that gets slammed into rocks. Still says my Desert sand flat paint job is just primer. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    My oldest loves when I drive her to school in it. Makes me wait till the bus passes then follow it out. We have to pass it so she can wave at the her school mates and she sitting at the same level. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Pure Insanity

My kids LOVE all the attention PI gets rolling thru the drop off loop at school. Kinda stand out like....well....uuuh....like an 8 feet plus tall, white, rumbling Blazer amoungst all the SUVs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Im sure sooner or later they will be embarrassed by ole' dad refusing to grow up though. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My dad has stopped telling me that I shouldnt do something. Hes been in auto repair for over 30 yrs and I still catch him checking out stuff and wondering. Then he just says Im NUTZ! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Shoulda seen the look on his face when he seen me throwing sparks off the calipers! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just how old are you exactly? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

people think im crazy when i say that chevy luvs fly well!
    Landing realy sucks in em though /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hey suburbans fly very well also! but the landing is killer!

8. Pure Insanity

Right there w/ you Wes. 31 going on 13. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'm only 18 and live for this sh*t. I would'nt give up trucks for anything, and I mean anything. In class I'm reading tech articles, 4X4 Mags, drawing out future suspension ideas, etc. Then when I get home it's CK5 time. Which then turns a 30 min homework assignment into a 4 hour one because I am reading posts after sentence or two I write. Yeah like you guys I always get people coming up to me asking about the truck, one time this like 50 year old guy pulled up next to me in a Furd Ranger and said "I bet those tires really howl hugh?" I love it, and everyone that supports the hobby. Thank you all. Sorry for the long post. Later all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

How bout hacking off the fenders on a perfectly good, rust free body for more tire clearance? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hell, I hacked my brand new fenders right out of the box.

12. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    I was at a friend of mines house about midnight doing my fenders. His dad came downstairs pissed off at the noise. Saw what we were doing and got excited. He was upset that I was cutting up a perfect rust free truck, but just laughed the whole time. I asked him what was so funny (after HE got through with the cutoff wheel), he told me that taking a cutoff wheel to a mans truck was like screwing his wife and him not caring. He was in heaven. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Hell, I hacked my brand new fenders right out of the box.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Done that to two sets now...plus cut off perfectly rust free rockers to weld in 3x3 tube sliders. Most people that know me think I'm nuts.

Rene

14. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i am 37, and i get grief all the time except from the one
    person who means the most to me " MY SON ". he loves all
    of it .

15. Pure Insanity

How bout hacking off the fenders on a perfectly good, rust free body for more tire clearance?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah I wish I had known you were gonna do that. I would have swapped fenders w/ you. Mine have been trimmed and I dont need them to be so it REALLY irks me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

See when you think about it were all Nuckin Futs! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Most people that know me think I'm nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

J/K

I guess it's official, you can join our club /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    We're all a little /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif/nuts, but that is what keeps us young.

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm 32 now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Since July. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Being 32 doesnt make things better as far as my "boyish" acts with the trucks go. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh, yeah I am...what's yer point?

Rene...37 going on 17 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Pure Insanity

I'm 32 now. Since July.

[/ QUOTE ] Well I was close. Ill be 32 in May.

20. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

26 here and at times going on 18.

I know I'm not that old, but I look back at the things I used to do, and think "Wow, I should be dead by now". What a wake-up call that is. Things I used to do on a regular basis, I would not even attempt now.

I have heard people say that when they had kids, they changed their ways. I do not have any yet (although my G/F does), but I have already started to settle down. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. Nomatter how I change I will alway be proud of /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif and :canadaflag: (&lt;-----Steve can you help on this one)

To stay on the original topic:

You know your touched when (very similar to you may be a redneck if):

You take out a perfectly good axle, because it is not a 14FF/D60
    You take out a perfectly good t-case because it is not a 205
    You remove perfectly good shock mounts because they aren't conducive to good flex
    You HAVE to have Jesse make you a new shaft because you taco'd your old one on your local trail.
    You have 3 or more "part vehicles" to keep replacing the items you destroy on your "daily driver".

Please /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif us!