Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yaaa I Am Now Ford Free As Of This Afternoon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Aug 11, 2005.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

last friday at work i was doing some ball joints on a ford. so like most of the time on clean ones that arnt rusted in i get the 4 lb hamer out and the old ford c4 tranny input shaft now a punch and hit them out.

whell the end was mushrumed over a bit to far and 1 hit with the hamer i had a piece of ford in my arm. so nice thing was it was at work. so work paid to remove it.

today the plastic surgen got it out. all of this cause it was to deep in my arm for the e.r. doc to get out.

i have the piece as a momento of the crapy week of not leaving the fords at work at the end of the day.

most of the time i like scars and cool stuff like that. i would have left it in there but it was a ford part in a chevy body. so out it came.

all of this is a big reminder to wear safty products at all times if possible.

ford ouch 001.jpg

ford ouch.jpg

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

dang dude.... thats some shrapnel... hope it heals quick..... :D

i had a bad week myself, financially.. ripped a lat muscle last week... it flared up over the weekend and i missed 4 days this week.. going back in tommorrow.. its not the laid up part, can't afford it now... i may have to take my vacay pay to cover it..

hope ya kicked the bumper on that thur Furd!

3. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've had a piece of a ball peen hammer in my right arm in almost the same place for almost ten years now. It's about the size of a BB and the docs decided just to leave it in there. They said that one day it would work it's way out to the surface.

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

wow, guess it's been a rough week for everyone. I went and had a piece of stainless pulled out of my eye on tuesday, had to go back today so he could look and make sure it was healing good. said he could see some rust spots (used the grinder on some mild steel beforehand) but since they were out of my line of sight I should be fine.