Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yahoomail spam and virus and worm incoming filters ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Aug 25, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

how do i get spam and worm filters on my yahoo email account ? do i have to get atleast the 29.95 plus email setup, or ? i seen a paragraph saying for 10 bucls more ou can get the filters and such,but doesnt say with what upgradepackages you can get that with, and no way to contact yahoo to ask, i cant find any way to.

thanks for anything

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You don't need to do anything to get that stuff. There are no worm filters. Just don't open any attatchments without using thier scanning software first. There is a link that says Scan Before Downloading. ANd another that says Download Without Scan. They use Norton...

The spam buster is something that you have to train. When you get spam open the message but do not open any attachments with it. Then just click on the link above that says THIS IS SPAM. After a while your spam will be minimal. And later none at all. It all goes into your BULK mail and you can just empty it.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I just had to delete over 300+ emails with viruses attached today /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats what ivebeen doing and have always doen,i never go past opening message(not attachments), at the very most

i feel better knowingim not the onlyone getting zillionsof around 100k worm messages a day on each account,.
    grrrrrr.....

i hope this gets stopped somehow soon.

what worm just got released thats causingall this havoc on the net ?