Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yall listen to this

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pplblazerdude, Jan 30, 2004.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

my little brother's friend is argueing with me saying a JEEP could pull my dads 10,500 pound camper!!! How many of you think it could!!!!!!!! And he said Dualies suck nad that a ford taurus can go 140 mph

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The Jeep probably could move the trailer but explain to your friend that making the trailer move and towing it safely down the road is two different things. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

It's like spandex, just because they make in your size don't make it right. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

For people like that, I just say, "yeah you're right, you know it all" I dont argue with stupid people, its a waste of time trying to convince them otherwise.

John

4. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

what kind of jeep does he have?? im sure there are many
    jeeps that were used in the military that could pull it like a rag doll, i wouldnt pull a 10,000 lb trailer with
    my 1/2 ton chevy, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my little brother's friend is argueing with me saying a JEEP could pull my dads 10,500 pound camper!!! How many of you think it could!!!!!!!! And he said Dualies suck nad that a ford taurus can go 140 mph

[/ QUOTE ]

It may move it ok, but it would be scary to try to tow it with a jeep.....Tell him once fe finds good taste he'll fall in love with a Dually (of course a Chevy Dually).....

Any car can be made to go 140 mph. My question is how did he know it got up to 140 mph? I've never seen a Ford Tarus with a speedometer that goes that high! Also who is dumb enough to take that car over a 100 mph anyway. It's not that great of a car stock and the tires aren't rated that fast.... unless he put high $ tires on it.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it will pull it but he CANNOT safely toy it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

That makes me think of the time I saw a huge fat girl riding a horse. Poor horse. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Guys like him, pulling 10,000 lb. trailers with a Jeep, are why traffic on the interstate is always backed up. They either jack knife it, or have the bumper of the trailer touching the ground, the front bumper of the jeep touching the ground, and the hitch points are looking up at the sky. What a dumb arse! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif