Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yamaha

Discussion in 'Audio' started by White Knight, Mar 18, 2000.

1. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Not related to Blazers, but any of you Audiophiles need a huge mixer console, its a Yamaha Professional Series 1516 with power supply, came out of a Large, Large Church Ft Worth area, bartered some work for it, and its stored in a closet now. Make offer and pay for shipping....Email me direct> makimberlin@hotmail.com....White Knight

2. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I could use one, but I'd have no idea how much to offer you for it. Do you know what your are looking to get for it?

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Hey WK: Maybe the church I play at may be interested. I need to know how many channels, how many subgroups, EQs, how old? Are all the channels in good condition? Approximately what size and weight is it (for shipping)? Maybe you can get the model number to get a better idea.

<font color=purple>////////
    Drive it like gas is </font color=purple><font color=red>$2.00/gal!!!</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

4. White Knight

I Quote"The Yamaha m1516 is a sophisticated professional mixing console intended for fixed or portable sound reinforcement, as well as recording, broadcast production, or any critical sound mixing application. It makes a excellent main mixing board for large scale sound reinforcement, complex nightclub, theatrical and broadcast work. The m1516 Has 16 input channels. Each channel has a pair of switch selectable inputs,either of whichis usable with mic or line level sources. The Input channels have interstage patch points (EQ out/fader in jacks, and similar insert points are rovided for the program, echo and foldback bussues. The m1516 has 13 mixing busses( including a 5x4 matrix and 17 outputs (plus patch outputs). The 1516 is built of only the finest components such as smooth, quiet conductive faders, and multi-band egualizers with center tapped "flat position detents.These controls are calibrated accurately, in dB, for presice, repeatable settings that save valuable set up time. To minimize hum and ensure the greatest reliablitliy in critical enviroments, the m1516 is equipped witha separately bi-polar 25 volt power supply that affords generous margin of headroom9 an easy +24dBm output). Internally the m1516 has the conveience of a modular plug in circuitry, and outside a solid front panel adds to the strenght and durablilty. You'll appreciate the extra refinements in the m1516 advanced technology, relliablity and human engineering, For example the pick-off points for the switch selectable pre-post echo and folback sends may be changed by means of simple jumper rewiring. LIkewise,10dB of gain can be added to the mixers program, echo and or/foldback outputs. Extra convenience is afforded by frontpanel input polarity reversal switchs, individual channel and master phantom power switches, a relay actuated cue solo system, channel and master on-off switches, and a built in test calibration osicillator. Two-stage peak indicating LEDs on the inputs, and Output VU meters with peak LEDs together give a accurate picture of signal levels and headroom....Damn I can't believe I just typed all that. Any other info needed email me and I'll either fax pictures and info or scan it and send it back.......WK

5. White Knight

As far as the price looking to cover the labor I put in roughly $675.00 Power supply pack Weight is 21.2 pounds and the size in O.D. 18 7/8 wide x 5 1/2 high..Mixer is 35 25/32 wide x 36 15/32 deep x 14 1/2 tall and weighs in at a measly 133.2 pounds, as a woodworker I could crate this up securly to ship if needed, and it does have a dust cover.(vinyl) leather look alike...WK

6. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

My God, you really typed a lot! I appreciate that.

The mixer would be great for our church setup, but the shipping charges get way too expensive. Just for the mixer, we'd have to pay shipping from Texas to Miami (about $70), and then another shipping (add another $200) from Miami to Guatemala using the shipper I use for computer imports. If we ask UPS to ship directly from Texas to Guatemala, it'd be over $500! That's too bad. Sorry [​IMG]. I'll tell them about it anyway. I'll also ask a friend who has a studio. Maybe he wants it or knows someone who does.

Thanks WK.

<font color=purple>////////
    Drive it like gas is </font color=purple><font color=red>$2.00/gal!!!</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

7. White Knight

Well if you find a way to get it there let me know, I'll pay for the crating and cut the price if it is for a Church, knock off $150 for the Church, seeing how Jesus Christ and I are good friends....White Knight