Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yankees Lose! Yankees Lose!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

The Angels beat the Yankees last night and put 'em out of the postseason!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! For this year at least, the evil and corrupt plans of George Steinbrenner have again been defeated!!!!!! I hope Steinbrenner thew a temper tantrum over this too!!! Actually, he probably didn't. I'm sure he was vowing revenge upon the Red Sox and all of the Red Sox fans after last year (and probably spitting upon the new book about Red Sox fandom, "Die In Peace"), but at least this year he won't get to follow through on that revenge.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, it was a pretty lousy game though. That guy getting called out for supposedly running outside the base line area is just total conspiracy bullcrap. This is VERY much like the "tuck rule" patriots win in 2001... officials making sure the "right" team wins. Pretty lame.

j

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It makes ME feel better about Johnsons " I woulda stayed in AZ if Colangelo was still in charge " rant right before the season .

Just think if the chemistry in AZ would of been sorted out a month earlier , we had a shot if September happened in July :wink1:

Yankees , I have no love for them , they are like the drop the check off and I'll pick up the tube buggy later guys :rolleyes:

4. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

go Pale Hose

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

After 26 Championships, and 8 straight AL East pennants, it's time to give somebody else a chance. I was highly disappointed that the big bats didn't wake up. They only left 11 runners stranded. Well, at least the Red Sox got swept :D

John

6. 78Buford

78Buford 1/2 ton status

I've been a die hard Braves guy since the mid 80's. I'm used to their post season shortcomings, and they did it again this year........however I'll still be there waiting for opening day 2006. The Yankees payroll is basically three times that of Atlanta's. I watched the end of the game last night, and I'll tell you that I slept a little better knowing that the Yankees and all of their $$$ guys didn't make it any further in the playoffs than the Braves did..........with half of their team being comprised of rookies.

Roy

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

I'm a Braves guy too, but I'm a huge Red Sox fan now too since they finally broke the Curse last year. I'm really hoping that now the Curse has been put on the Yankees instead and that they have a huge stretch now where they don't win it all.

Honestly, I truly believe that George Steinbrenner lives to see the fans of other teams get heartbroken and mad when his Yankees put their team out of the playoffs and his Yankees win it all.

8. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

Great give all the idiots in my neighborhood another reason to fly more Angel flags :p: Bandwagon jumpers everywere around here :rolleyes:
    Sorry guys baseball just aint my thing :o

9. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

It made my night to see the yankees lose!! And how about those Astros baby!! 18 innings and then crack! Burke cranks a homer that was sweet!!

Being from texas i'm an Astros fan!

10. Inu-Hanyou1776

Too bad it was against my precious Braves they did that against. :(

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Baseball ended after the allstar break when the Nationals went down the crapper.

12. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I love it that the Wankees got eliminated and just like last year "A-Fraud" chokes when it really matters. So much for a 200 mil team..

13. Inu-Hanyou1776

:haha: :waytogo: "Wankees" and "A-Fraud"! I love 'em! Good ones! Maybe a few years of years like this and people laughing at him will convince Steinbrenner to start taking the feelings of other teams' fans into consideration!

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The biggest problem with the Yankees right now is to many egos. A couple years ago they had a few stars but most of the team were nobody's yet it worked and they won. As for Atlanta.............Who in the hell can keep up with that team. The only person on the hole damn team I can name is Smoltz cause everyone else get replaced every year :rolleyes:
    As far as the four teams left I'm pulling for the Astros. The American league just suck in My book (damn DH) and the Cards just don't do it for Me.
    Just wait until next year and My Dodgers should win it all :woot: :woot: :woot:

15. SkulzNBonz

Fixed it for ya!!!

John

16. 78Buford

78Buford 1/2 ton status

Smoltz has been there since (previous to) the 1991 season when they won the division for the first time.

Chipper Jones has been there since 1995, the only year they won the World Series.

Andrew Jones has been there since 1996 when he hit home runs in his first two at bats in the WS.....he was 19 at the time.....I know this because he is a few months younger than me.....I realized I was getting old at 19 because there were MLB players hitting home runs in the World Series. :D

Tom Glavine left after the 2003 season for more $$ to go to to the Mets. He's pitched OK, but his record hovers around .500 since leaving.

Greg Maddux left after the 2004 season for more $$ to go to to the Cubs. He's pitched OK, but his record hovers around .500 since leaving. His record of at least 15 wins per season ended this year.

Atlanta's GM has a knack for cutting veteran players loose when their salary outweighs their productivity.

Will Atlanta ever win another World Series? Hell, I don't know. Will I ever give a shiznit about another team? Nope. Will I always look forward to the spring-summer when Atlanta is on TV in the background, while I'm typing stuff for work, browsing the internet for parts, or looking forward to a trail ride for the coming weekend? Yep. Most of their "core players" will be back for next year. Rafael Furcal is a free agent, and may look for greener pastures (IE: more $$) but there is a decent chance Atlanta will have the $$ to resign him. Kyle Farnsworth, their late season closer who gave up the grand slam to Berkman and the game tying HR to Ausmus (sic?) this past Sunday is the only other question mark. I personally hope they re-sign him. Big tall strong dude who can hit the high 90's with the fastball. He presents with an intimidating attitude, and I dig that.

Wait 'till next year.

Roy

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ya know My Wife is in Your neck of the woods right now, maybe I could have Her smack some since into You since You fail to realize the Yankees just got knocked out of the playoffs and failed to win it all.
    :haha: :haha: :haha:

18. Inu-Hanyou1776

I'm going to be shocked if Farnsworth is not with the Braves for next season. I've heard that he believes he's found himself a new home with the Braves. I like him.

19. SkulzNBonz

Yeah, I know. Baseball season officially ended Monday night :doah:

John

20. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

first off GO SOX!!
    it seems like their whole coaching staff is the mid nineties team... :confused:

but I happened to drive near Houston(Bryan/College Station really) over the weekend, so i was sitting in a taco cabana around the 8th inning of the last braves/astros game on sunday, i was watching with a few A&M students, we then left to go drink...

2hrs Later we're all plastered, somebody turns on the tv and THEY ARE STILL PLAYING!! AND ITS THE 17TH INNING!! WTF?!?

Listening to the wankees lose; made the trip from Vicksburg to Chattanooga soooo much nicer...

then tues the sox lose.... damn it :angry1:

and how is gas $0.40 a gallon cheaper in LA,MS, and AL than it is here?