Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yard Sale Score...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Jimmy, Jul 13, 2002.

1. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got an 8 1/2 ft Kitchen drawer/countertop...11 big drawers...Plus a 6ft long wall cabinet w/ 4 doors...Plus two 30"X48" wall cabinets w/ doors....ALL for $40......I'm stoked... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Is it a safe assumption that these are going into the garage?

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hell, I see it as a gift for his wife so he can still continue to work on his rig. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif If you don't keep the little lady happy all work ceases on toys. Come on guys, you all know how it works.

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

that's why you just get rid of the lady /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Cheaper to keep her!!!!!!!!!!!...LOL

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Cheaper to keep her!!!!!!!!!!!...

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't kidding! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Brandy

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I just scored an comercial kitchen bench. It's about 6 ft long. Slainless steel legs. Corian top. FREE /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Publix next to where I work is throwing it out. Nothing wrong with it at all...they just don't need it and have nowhere to store it.
    Other scores. When they remodeled the store I work at they had a bunch of heavy duty wall shelves. The deals where you bolt the track to the wall and it has the bracket that slids in to suport the shelf. I have enough to do about 15ft of wall for the brackets. just need the shelfs if I go anyt farther than the 10 feet I did have shelves for.
    Belk was throwwing out a Lee display. It;s base was a steel platform 4ft x 5 ft diamond plate. It had a center divider with Canterleaver shelves. On each side it has a 4ftx4ft wood trim board. Behind that is a 4.5ftx4.5ft 1/8 inch thick diamond plate peice. This is each side. This bugger weigh's about 400lb and it's on wheels. I cut that sucker clean in half and made a matched set of book cases out of it. Everybody who see's it comments on how cool it is and where we got it. FREE /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    The other score when they were remodeling my store was a set of overhead cabinets. These things were made out of 3/4 inch Burch plywood. Thyen had a formica exteriior put on them. They look dandy in my Laundry room /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    They didn't have any room for this Craftsman rolling cabinet and top box. Not a high end one. You see these on sale for about $250 in the sunday paper all the time. Had to buy these...$25 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Did I ever tell you about the 75 Jimmy I bought for One US "DOLLAR" ? Drove it home /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Great hunting Grim-Reaper, it's nice when you can find them kind of deals.... About the '75 what happened was the guy going thru a Divorce or what? Keep them Eyes open and see what you might find.....

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well he lived in a nicer neighbor hood. The homeowners assoc was all over him about it. Truck was primer and pretty well an eye sore. His wife was not to happy about it either. He got the truck the exact same way. Pissed home owners assoc and pissed wife. The Lady was thrilled when she saw it LOL. When it started she was even more thrilled LOL. Hay she stole my 79 from me so I had to get another K5 for me!
    It spent a year on the driveway getting new floors because the $1 I paid for it did not include floors. Drove it to work today to pull my trailer to get the Bench from Publix LOL.
    My gear deal was sweet also. I gave a Used series 4 Eaton Gov, my 3.08 front axle and $450. What I got was a 10 bolt front with 4.10, Lockright, 12 bolt rear 4.10's and a Detroit. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    The wife was not happy about the 70 burb I drug home last fall and paid $250 for. Didn't have any spare time to work on it so I sold it for $500 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif