Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

YAY! for the drought this year, BIG thumbs up ! :D

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jul 9, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i am so glad i love it

the drought this year

out of the blue

hasnt been like this around here since 1987, then in 88 was the big drought,
    it was just upgraded to severe D2

they said that here is the driest soil in the entire country except for a small portion of missouri right now

the farmers are pissed, last year was a record crop

it was nothing but rain and rain and more rain and i hated it

this year is great, HOT and dry and no bugs/mosquitos and no storms and no mowing grass cept like only three times this year LOL(notrmally its freaking once a week or more just to barely keep up- and i dont have the time for that crap this year i tell you what)

its great :D

havent really spotted hardly any lightening bugs or heard very many cicadas even, and thats just not normal lol.
    the ground is cracking up its neat,

i couldnt ask for any better of climate this time around :D
    zero complaint from me :D has been like desert cool air at night too, at least thats what its like there afaik

i actually wish it were closer to 100 than its been(lower-mid 90s) though, but oh well it wil be in about a month or less so thats good :D

hope 2006 is like this, and i hope we get zero snow this winter and that it doesnt get super cold like usual, :D
    and hopefully this fall is dry, unlike the usual rain basically every damn day,
    would just be wild

i was wanting to someday move to where it is like this alot but hell it came to me instead, yay lol! hope it is for freakin good, but i know it aint, but i wish,, rust could nearly stop totally, and no snow and wow.,..(dreams)

hows the climate where you are now and whats normal ?

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sunny and 75 in the mornings. Short t-storms and 95 in the afternoon. Humidity is 100% all of the time. I don't know why the weatherman even has a job. Welcome to La.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Been in a drought for quite a few years now up here. A drought is NOT a good thing. Sure, you don't need too mow your yard very often, but that about the only good thing about it. Water restrictions suck !!!!! Everything is always dry. Forest fire danger is high. Everyone around here is always happy for whatever little rain we do get.

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

110 to 115* here. No humidity and no a/c in my truck. I'm glad I go to work in the early morning (0500) when it's only 75 or 80. And yes, water restrictions suck. I don't deal with them much here, but in colorado they had them.

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Droughts are not a good thing at all... It'll be good when those farmers loose their farms because they cant pay for them this year due to crop failure. Its real good when people's wells run dry and then they have no water. How about when people like me in the landscaping business struggle to keep busy? Cant make a living when your livelyhood is burnt to a crisp. Its also good when brush fires destroy homes because all of the dead scrub burns so easily.

So all in all droughts are real good for everybody... :rolleyes:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Cold Day In July...

Just like the title of a song by Suzy Bogguss,its a "Cold Day In July" here the past 2 days..only 58 degrees yesterday and a heavy rain most of the day and night(leftovers from "Cindy"..)-first night I can remember having to light my wood stove in JULY!!--today is a bit drier but still cool,only in the 60's with a good chance of more showers.. we had some hot days a week or so ago,but it went right back to cool and soggy weather this past week..though it was dry enough to turn the grass brown on my neighbors lawn(boob cuts it too short in the hot weather!)..my lawn is lush and green--and about 6" high! :doah: :blush:

I'm not as anal as he is about cutting it every 3 days... :surepal: --I'd rather let it grow a bit longer,it stays greener and saves me 5$ on gas to mow it...I have 2+ acres to cut,with a 20hp riding mower--it uses at least a gallon of gas every time!..it adds up fast feeding that thing,and the weedeaters,etc.. :doah:

.I'm hoping it gets back into the 90's..I like it HOT!--we have far too many cold Sh***Y days here every year!--its alreday past the longest day of the year(june 21st) so its all downhill from here already..time to start getting ready for another long winter already..august and september fly by so fast its scary..seems like our summers here last 2 months if were lucky--the other 10 months usually suck..I'm getting very tired of living in this place,but I suppose it could be worse--I could be in Florida getiing hammered by a hurricane!...on second thought,maybe that would be a blessing..some days I'm just sick of being alive..period!... :(

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

We have a Forest Fire going on right now about 15 miles from my house. Started last night around 8:30 pm. Because of the drought, it's very dry in the forest and fire danger is extreamly high. This fire was started my a dry lighting strike.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2005
  8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

How can you be happy with hot dry weather? Lack of water is a very bad thing. If ya really like the hot and dry, pack of the moving van and be out here by I think it's Tuesday when the conservative estimate is 116.

I hate the summer time.

9. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

drought? With all the rain them in florida is send noth to us. Wish w were having one. Then the grass would not need to be cut. but at least the lows are in the 70's. warm wet weather is nice to go play with the truck though.

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm not real sure what a drought looks like. If you dig a hole about 1 foot deep here it will fill with water and stay wet. :D

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So far we haven't really had any summer yet. In mid-April we had a nice sunny warm spell when it was in the mid 70's. Just nice enough to convince me it was time to remove the hardtop from my truck. Since then all it has done is been like march. May was wet, windy, and cold (except for a day or two) June sucked and broke records for least amount of sunshine, most rain etc etc.

Today was OK, but still not warm IMO. It maybe hit 70 today.

Overall the seats in my truck have been wet more than dry the last three months. I hope we get some summer soon.

Normal for us is to see a warm stretch in the late spring, then maybe a week or two of rain and then we usually get a pretty long spell of hot dry weather through July and August (mid 90's)

Rene